View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Kind of excited

Rate this Entry
More swimming to come. I promise. Have been out of town the last few days taking a personal trainer certification course. I'll know in a couple of months if I passed. Kind of excited to start training people as working out is my passion. I have lots to learn because I am pretty old school on my weight room stuff. Learned a bunch of things with the stability ball - something I have used before but rarely use now. Also, learned a bunch of new exercises to work the core.

Also, I am excited about a plan for my training that a personal trainer came up with. This guy is a guru - has a special ops background and has trained others for the same. Anyway, I have finally come up ith a plan where I can try to lose a few pounds, drop the body fat, yet still stay strong.

First, I've been told I will have to train in the morning to get my metabolism going. Not wild about this as I am not a morning person but it can't hurt, especially since I have hypothyroidism and take my meds in the morning. I wake up with a slow metabolism until the synthroid can get in my blood, so working out in the morning is probably not a bad thing.

Second, I am to follow my resistance workout with 30 minutes of cardio. So I will lift weights first and follow it with a 30 minute workout on the treadmill. Of course, I will warm-up 10 minutes before lifting weights. I am going to treat my swim workous like a resistance workout because I train for power and speed, using fins a good bit. I will follow each swim workout with a 30 minute spin on the bike.

I plan to try this for one month and see how it goes. Before starting my plan last week, I got 2 miles of easy running in on Wednesday, May 30. I officially started my plan on June 1 and did as follows:

10 minute warm-up on gauntlet

Bench press: bar x 5, 65 x 5, 2 sets of 95 x 6

Lat hi row: 90 x 5, 2 sets of 110 x 6

Hammer curls: 2 sets of 12 x 10

Squats: bar x 5, 2 sets of 95 x 8

Seated calf-raise machine: 2 sets of 70 x 8

Captain's chair: 2 sets of 20 bent knee/straight leg raises

30 minute workout on treadmill: 1 mile alternating 2 min walk at 3.5 mph with 1 min run at 7.0 mph, 1 mile alternating 1 min walk at 3.5 mph with 1 min run at 8.0 to 9.0 mph, 5 min. cool-down walk.

Last night, feeling inspired, I did a treadmill workout at the hotel: 5 minute walk, 2 miles alternating 2 minute walk at 3.5 mph with 1 minute run at 8.0 moh, 5 minute walk.

Did lots of exercises at the personal training seminar today, so think I will call it a day.

Looks like tomorrow will be another weights/run day as the weather is supposed to be crappy. Tuesday looks like a good swim/bike day.

Submit "Kind of excited" to Digg Submit "Kind of excited" to del.icio.us Submit "Kind of excited" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kind of excited" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments