View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

Big Weekend

Rate this Entry
Saturday Pawling Triathlon:
Swim .3 Mile, Bike 11.5 Miles, Run 3 Miles
I got round in 1:18.20, which is :38 secs faster than last year. I wore a wetsuit to save transition time which helped my swim too. Transitions were better this year but still took too long in T1. The weather was awful with some very heavy rain during the bike. I was 1:48 slower on the bike portion, and b/c my sneakers were saturated, I added :47secs over the run too. However I came 13th in the swim and 107 overall out of 428. I was 25/59 in my age group. YOY comparison attached below.

Sunday I did a 50 mile bike bike for MS which I knew would hurt as I was bruised from the saddle already...I managed to find every pothole on the route I think.
I got done in about 3hours 25 minutes...the previous day's tri weighed on my legs a lot during this race and hills set my quads alight. I am glad I did it though and I didn't have to walk my bike up any hills...I got close to it but always managed to find the will to grind it out. I consumed a weeks worth of power bars and energy products I think...

I could not swim today...too tired so I took a leisurely morning...will do an easy 1000 later.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	6842  

Submit "Big Weekend" to Digg Submit "Big Weekend" to del.icio.us Submit "Big Weekend" to StumbleUpon Submit "Big Weekend" to Google

Updated June 4th, 2012 at 08:52 AM by SwimStud

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments