View RSS Feed

David W Cochran

Wednesday, June 6 - Hitting a Wall

Rate this Entry
Rough morning swim. Swam with Ray - we were doing 5x 300, 200, and 100's. Hit a wall on the 2nd 200 - arms just couldn't pull and couldn't keep form. Felt lack when I started swimming two years ago. The last two weeks have been tough for me - thought I was coming back, but... trying to figure out if 1) I over worked in April and May; 2) Not enough sleep (5 hours the last two nights); 3) Not eating right (cut back since wife and kids left - had spinach salad the last two nights); 4) Just can't do two workouts in twelve hours; or 5) all of the above. Thought about sleeping in today; but kept thinking that if I skipped, then I would skip again, etc. Anyway, men's group in the morning. Will try to rest and see how Friday goes.

300 Warm Up
5x300 on 4:30
250 Back Pull
2x200 on 3:00
200 kick
250 Back Pull
5x100 on 1:30 struggled to get any rest
300 Kick
2x100 Back Pull
200 Kick

4100 yards - 80 minutes

Submit "Wednesday, June 6 - Hitting a Wall" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, June 6 - Hitting a Wall" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, June 6 - Hitting a Wall" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, June 6 - Hitting a Wall" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

trying to figure out if 1) I over worked in April and May; 2) Not enough sleep (5 hours the last two nights); 3) Not eating right (cut back since wife and kids left - had spinach salad the last two nights); 4) Just can't do two workouts in twelve hours; or 5) all of the above
    I don't know what you did in April and May, but the combination of #2, #3, and #4 would definitely put a kink in my form! Get some sleep and eat properly, and I'll bet you will bounce right back.