View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Monday, June 11 2012

Rate this Entry
LCM @FGCU Aquatic Center

Air temp of 88, LCM pool at 84, 85% water clarity.
Bright sunshine, no clouds

Warm Up
200 EZ

*Set 1*
1x1000 FR DPS

*Set 2*
20x50 FR on :50
  • did 1-8 @39, 9-14 @38, 15-20 @37

*Set 3*
1x1000 FR with paddles

EZ 200 FR

Comments
Today was the first day of a one week swim camp at FGCU so the LCM pool is only available from 11a-2pm this week. For whatever reason, the water temp was way too warm at 84, and in addition, I simply had no energy and strength to make any real effort today. Had enough after 3000 LCM, and got out - no point to struggle further.

Submit "Monday, June 11 2012" to Digg Submit "Monday, June 11 2012" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, June 11 2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, June 11 2012" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I find it extremely difficult to swim fast or long in hot water. Be proud of yourself for lasting as long as you did!
    At that water temp you are probably sweating pretty good while you swim and more than a bottle with just water might help. Hammmer endurolyte tab with a little gel (2 tbs) in the water bottle helps me, or Hammer's Heed, gatorade, powerade, etc.
    Actually - I wanted to get out after 15 minutes of swimming, but still started a basic pace set of 50s in hopes of magically feeling better - sometimes when I push through I find a way to keep going, but not is this case. I would agree that something more than water might have been more useful - but overall the water just felt awful.