View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 06/13/12

Rate this Entry
Drove to Monterey this evening to join the PaceMakers for their Wednesday evening OW swim. Not California, silly, but rather Massachusetts (a much more reasonable 80 minute drive.

I arranged with Brent to carpool, as he works on the way to Lake Garfield and is also doing the Kingdom Swim. Great to get the chance to know him better, and prove that I can get lost even while following the GPS with someone besides my wife in the car.

Meet Bill and a total of five others for a swim in this gem of a lake: 70.5 degree water, visibility ten feet, and buoys making key sections throughout. I tried out my new Safe Swimmer orange buoy and found no problems with it at all, actually having to stop from time to time to make sure it was still attached! I had my sandals, shirt, shorts, keys, and phone secure and dry the whole swim.

We swam to the big rock after the dogleg, stopping a couple of times to regroup before meeting two of the late-comers on the return trip. We went at a leisurely pace, enjoying the full blue canvas dotted with fluffy white clouds above the small chop and glistening evening sun of the surface. Not a boat to be seen, but plenty of birds sailing through the air and singing to us. Glorious Creation!

All told, a great 2 mile swim in 70 minutes, followed by a small potluck if bbq chicken, fresh greens, potato salad and Tabouli, and some cookies! Some goof from Vermont only brought granola bars, but he seemed to get the hint that more is expected next time.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0845.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	6849

Submit "Workout 06/13/12" to Digg Submit "Workout 06/13/12" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 06/13/12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 06/13/12" to Google

Tags: berkshires
Categories
Swim Workouts , Open Water

Comments