-- ugh, should have warmed down more after the 100 kick, cramped a bit
150 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP fly w/fins
-- 23 low
150 EZ

hottub, 10 min

Total: 2550

ART, 30 min:

Hadn't been in ages. Had him work on my calves, which have been cramping quite a bit lately. He is booked solid lately. Have to wait a month for an appt now. But he said he would sneak me in at the end of the day a few days before Nats for a tune up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was great to see Speedo, fresh off his xterra tri and already talking smack about another one in August. Maybe we need more goofy looking people cheering us on at swim meets.

I was planning to do more today. But it is probably just as well as I'm planning to swim LCM with Susan tomorrow and want to do some race pace work.

Submit "Thursday, June 14" to Digg Submit "Thursday, June 14" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, June 14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, June 14" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Maybe we need more goofy looking people cheering us on at swim meets.
    I guess me cheering for you isn't enough...
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    I guess me cheering for you isn't enough...
    I think you would look splendid in costume!

I do recall there were some lovely ladies in pearls at the Fall Ball that one year.
    -- Speedo went with me. Did free -- 53
    That was with fins on right? I don't think I am ready to read about triathletes that swim faster than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I think you would look splendid in costume!

I do recall there were some lovely ladies in pearls at the Fall Ball that one year.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I have my own little Primrose right here in my house. Lil Fort and her friends have been diligently working on their own Hunger Games movie. And apparently, it's the fashion in the neighborhood to actually play the Hunger Games using air soft and paintball guns ...
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    That was with fins on right? I don't think I am ready to read about triathletes that swim faster than I do.
    Speedo will have to put on fins soon to counteract the iron ankles syndrome from all his tri training!

I think the % of hot women must be higher in tris than masters swim meets. Or else he's maximizing opportunities. Go Pete!
    I have my own little Primrose right here in my house. Lil Fort and her friends have been diligently working on their own Hunger Games movie. And apparently, it's the fashion in the neighborhood to actually play the Hunger Games using air soft and paintball guns ...
    I saw a magazine cover that advertised "The Hunger Games Diet." That was a WTF moment right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I saw a magazine cover that advertised "The Hunger Games Diet." That was a WTF moment right there.
    That is a WTF moment ... Imagine how horrible the diet must be if it's the non-capitol diet. Have you had the joy of reading the books? I had to pre-screen to make sure they were fine for Lil Fort.
    That is a WTF moment ... Imagine how horrible the diet must be if it's the non-capitol diet. Have you had the joy of reading the books? I had to pre-screen to make sure they were fine for Lil Fort.
    I have not read them yet. That Boy has read them, and I think That Bride has as well. That Girl is still too young, but she doesn't seem to have any interest in them yet anyway.
    Books? I didn't even know there were books. I've yet to see the movie till one lonely weekend from Redbox for $1.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Books? I didn't even know there were books.
    This is too easy. I'm taking a pass on it; if anyone needs some practice, it's teed up right there for you.
    Books? I didn't even know there were books. I've yet to see the movie till one lonely weekend from Redbox for $1.00.
    There are Harry Potter books too.
    There are Harry Potter books too.
    I only saw a few of the first movies, but they got old... Again...didn't read the books (didn't even hear of the books until after the movies were made).
    You guys make me sad. I've read all the books - they are great - and quick reads too. Nice books bcs no bad language or sexual scenes (hello, teenage literature). I have to get a new book on my Nook about every 48 hours - there are so many good books, and so little time! But seriously - the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.
    I only saw a few of the first movies, but they got old... Again...didn't read the books (didn't even hear of the books until after the movies were made).
    I've read the books but haven't seen the movies other than bits and pieces. Who has time to sit through them all?

Hunger Games is next on my reading list and like you, I may see the movie when I can rent it (cheap).
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    You guys make me sad. I've read all the books - they are great - and quick reads too. Nice books bcs no bad language or sexual scenes (hello, teenage literature). I have to get a new book on my Nook about every 48 hours - there are so many good books, and so little time! But seriously - the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.
    I agree! Books are the best. Two of my kids and I are bookworms. I've always been slightly bummed that Teen Fort isn't particularly.
    Updated June 14th, 2012 at 10:02 PM by The Fortress
    I just can't sit still long enough to read a book without falling asleep. I'm married to a bookworm, though. Does that count? She read 4 books in 4 days in Riccione.

I have seen the Hunger Games. I knew it was a book (probably b/c of the Missus though in all honesty).

Is Speedo executing on any of his opportunities? Go Pete!
    I'll admit to reading the Hunger Games books, pretty creative.

I don't think Speedo can make it in the tri world. He's too good at swimming, for one. And, he is too modest. Tris stand around and talk endlessly about themselves.

I had a tri tell me last week she was just as good as our top swimming group at Masters b/c she was doing the same intervals as we were. I pointed out to her it was a sprint set with larger intervals and we were getting 2+ minutes rest. She told me all she needed was the 5 seconds rest she was getting on the interval. However, the hotness factor is pretty high at triathlons, if you can stand the egos.

I think Jazz would be the first killed in The Hunger Games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    no bad language or sexual scenes
    Yes I did feel like something was lacking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast