View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Quickie blog post

Rate this Entry
by , June 15th, 2012 at 04:51 PM (1160 Views)
I have absolutely nothing special to say, but 22 extra minutes before leaving for my girls' swim practice!

Let's see...to recap the week,

see Monday, last post

Tues, SCM stroke day
IM'y set, 4 x 100 IMs descend
1:27, 1:24, 1:22, 1:17
wowie did that hurt!

Nothing Wed

Thurs: Chest & Back, Ab ripperX

Friday, today
So unpleasantly sore from yesterday.

600 warm up
I skipped most of it and did 250

6 x 125's on 1:45
==> 6 x 75 moderate descend 57-54 and it wasn't easy!

400 pull
==>every other 50 pull

6 rounds:
50 on :45
25 fast on :30
25 as 12.5 fast 12. 5 easy :30
50 easy 1:30

I did these, but they end was so pooped out that I had to turn around at the 12.5 and do only 25's on the easy last 50.

50 fast single swimmer from a push
I was in 2nd group
30.? Lanemates and Bobby got me at a :30
but that is clearly not a :29

I will probably sound like a broken record, but I want to be solid :29 to get down to high :28 in workouts.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Today I was very glad to bag everything for the max available remainder on the last 50. I would have been mad at myself if I forced myself to actually do the workout and gasp my way to a 32 or 33. I'll take one solid 50 over everything else.

I was emotionally exhausted before coming today. It was a very stressful week and then I made the big move for all my trustee business to another banking institution!

I told Bobby I felt like one of those 2-person cow costumes, where one person is the front and another is the back and they are fighting each other the whole way. I felt like that today and my arms and legs felt really way off. Bobby said that it looked like I was trying to find my stroke/path during the fast 50. Very true! Maybe because my back is tired, and my core, than I am lacking the strength to "keep it together" today. I had the hardest time even holding a streamline on my turns. It took all my might (mite?) but I was still collapsing out of my turn!

++++++++++++++++++++
Next up:
I must make an appointment for a massage!

Submit "Quickie blog post" to Digg Submit "Quickie blog post" to del.icio.us Submit "Quickie blog post" to StumbleUpon Submit "Quickie blog post" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This is funny:

I told Bobby I felt like one of those 2-person cow costumes, where one person is the front and another is the back and they are fighting each other the whole way. I felt like that today and my arms and legs felt really way off. Bobby said that it looked like I was trying to find my stroke/path during the fast 50. Very true! Maybe because my back is tired, and my core, than I am lacking the strength to "keep it together" today. I had the hardest time even holding a streamline on my turns. It took all my might (mite?) but I was still collapsing out of my turn!
    I think all the training is good for you...it really breaks you down. Now just find a goal meet to work towards (hint: we're hosting a few at Kino this summer, you can visit your sis ), then taper off as the goal meet gets closer.
    I'm thinking farther ahead of that! Hopefully you will have the SCM meet again at Kino! Or the Ron John, but that's usually a bit late! I am so done with LCM, except to go watch Olympic Trials!