View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Time to Deload

Rate this Entry
by , June 15th, 2012 at 04:52 PM (1066 Views)
Finished up three weeks of heavy lifting and will now take one week of active rest on the weights to deload. On my next round of weight-lifting, I am going to be doing higher reps and lower reps. I need to debulk a little bit without losing too much strength. I've been on my program for two weeks and have had some modest results but really would like to see a five to eight pound drop. Whether it is muscle weight or fat, I have an ideal weight I race well at and I would really like to get down to that weight.

Upon checking, I have had a 1-2% drop in body fat since starting a couple of weeks ago, but no weight loss. I guess that it is the better way to aim for losing weight - make my body become a better calorie burning machine. Still, I do need to drop pounds and lifting heavy weight probably is not going to make it happen too quickly, so after next week, I think I will go to doing 5 sets of 15. I know it seems like a bunch of volume, but it has worked well before. Also plan to go from 30 minutes on my cardio to 45 minutes.

Yesterday, I actually went up on time on my cardio. Did a 50 minute moderate ride on my road bike averaging just 16.2 nph.

Today, hit the weight heavy for the last time before going into deload. Here is what I did:

Warm-up: 8 minutes on gauntlet, stretching

Bench: bar x 5, 3 sets of 105 x 4

Hi row: 90 x 5, 3 sets of 110 x 8

Military press w/dumbbells: 3 sets of 40 x 8

Lat pull-down with cable: 3 sets of 100 x 6

Hammer curls: 2 sets of 15 x 10

Triceps press: 2 sets of 40 x 10

Squats: bar x 5, 95 x 20

Captain's chair leg raises: 2 sets of 20

Calf raises: 2 sets of 80 x 10

Twist crunches: 2 sets of 25

Cruches with 12 lb med ball: 1 set of 25

Knee raises on bench: 2 sets of 25

Hoping to take a short run in a little bit.

Submit "Time to Deload" to Digg Submit "Time to Deload" to del.icio.us Submit "Time to Deload" to StumbleUpon Submit "Time to Deload" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments