View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Time to Deload

Rate this Entry
Finished up three weeks of heavy lifting and will now take one week of active rest on the weights to deload. On my next round of weight-lifting, I am going to be doing higher reps and lower reps. I need to debulk a little bit without losing too much strength. I've been on my program for two weeks and have had some modest results but really would like to see a five to eight pound drop. Whether it is muscle weight or fat, I have an ideal weight I race well at and I would really like to get down to that weight.

Upon checking, I have had a 1-2% drop in body fat since starting a couple of weeks ago, but no weight loss. I guess that it is the better way to aim for losing weight - make my body become a better calorie burning machine. Still, I do need to drop pounds and lifting heavy weight probably is not going to make it happen too quickly, so after next week, I think I will go to doing 5 sets of 15. I know it seems like a bunch of volume, but it has worked well before. Also plan to go from 30 minutes on my cardio to 45 minutes.

Yesterday, I actually went up on time on my cardio. Did a 50 minute moderate ride on my road bike averaging just 16.2 nph.

Today, hit the weight heavy for the last time before going into deload. Here is what I did:

Warm-up: 8 minutes on gauntlet, stretching

Bench: bar x 5, 3 sets of 105 x 4

Hi row: 90 x 5, 3 sets of 110 x 8

Military press w/dumbbells: 3 sets of 40 x 8

Lat pull-down with cable: 3 sets of 100 x 6

Hammer curls: 2 sets of 15 x 10

Triceps press: 2 sets of 40 x 10

Squats: bar x 5, 95 x 20

Captain's chair leg raises: 2 sets of 20

Calf raises: 2 sets of 80 x 10

Twist crunches: 2 sets of 25

Cruches with 12 lb med ball: 1 set of 25

Knee raises on bench: 2 sets of 25

Hoping to take a short run in a little bit.

Submit "Time to Deload" to Digg Submit "Time to Deload" to del.icio.us Submit "Time to Deload" to StumbleUpon Submit "Time to Deload" to Google

Comments