View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Monday workout 06/18/12

Rate this Entry
by , June 19th, 2012 at 12:16 PM (1052 Views)
This week I hope to make 3 workouts on MWF.

Monday
SCM, Baylor Fitness Center
Billy G coached

400 warm up
==>no, did about 250.

5 x 200 pull on 3:00
==> no, 5 x 100 descend paddles & pull buoy
1:16, :13, :10, :09, :08

10 x 50 kick on 1:00
alt back/tummy with Speedo Optimus fins
did 9 miscounted

20 x 50's swim freestyle
1 on 1:00 easy
1 on :40 strong
2 on :100 easy
2 on :40 strong
3 on 1:00 easy
3 on :40 strong
4 on 1:00 easy
4 x :40 strong
:34 :34 :34 :33high

2 x Dives plus breakout

The end

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I was quite pleased with myself and my modifyingness today. The 100's pull were quite strong for me. I'd never been under 1:10. Quite possibly the motivation was proving to a paddle and buoy addict "PBA" swimmer that it isn't so tough to beat me when I am swimming, as I am totally kicking your XXX when I am also wearing the same equipment.

The 50's at the end were good, too. It is rare to go sub :35's on that kind of set, but I was solidly under :35 today. I went 3rd, but we were 10 seconds apart and that's far enough you actually have to keep track of your own interval and can't mooch off the person in front of you. I probably gutted to the :33 since PBA would be watching me come in, and since he wore paddles and buoy on that swim set, too, I had to beat his time, whatever it was.

Now, onto the more interesting aspects of my life:
mid PM - Yumlicious; mix of peanut butter and lyche yogurt and 4 mix ins.
late PM - Golden Corral. BONANZA!!! They were making an entire griddle of Texas Toast! Me and my girls inhaled 6 pieces total. Unfortunately, the cotton candy machine wasn't on. But the girls were stuffed anyway. I also got a totally coveted piece of grilled pork chop that was mostly fat. And need I even go on with the green beans and corn. What a treat. Growing up, it was all stir fry fresh vegatables. What a delight to eat canned mushy dull colored vegatables, as opposed to my regular life of fresh veggies and healthy stir fry.The mac & cheese is pretty good, but if you're going to fall off the bandwagon, then i'd have liked it a little less mooshy, more salty, and more cheesy. Crusty would be fine, too, since it's a bit too moosy.

Then, home to do Legs & Back and Ab Ripper.

++++++++++++++++++++
Other fascinating factoids:
Last night was the inaugural ponytail in braids. My hair is so long I can't sleep anymore with it loose, or else I choke myself or it itches in out-of-range-back-area. I'm going to be like those older mature women who turn into hippies because they won't cut their hair.

Submit "Monday workout 06/18/12" to Digg Submit "Monday workout 06/18/12" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday workout 06/18/12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday workout 06/18/12" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

PBA = atrophied legs

Yes, be a hippie!