View RSS Feed

Canuck Countdown

Results from the 14th FINA World Masters Championships

Rate this Entry
by , June 20th, 2012 at 03:48 PM (1889 Views)
  • 100 LCM Fly, 1:05.92 (Club record), 3rd Place (out of 50)
  • 800 LCM Free, 9:41.82 (Canadian, Provincial, and Club record), 4th Place (out of 87)
  • 400 LCM Free, 4:39.51 (Canadian, Provincial, and Club record), 5th Place (out of 94)
  • 200 LCM Free, 2:09.85 (Canadian, Provincial, and Club record), 6th Place (out of 151)
  • 100 LCM Free, 58.87 (Club record), 13th Place (out of 211)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fina profile.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	6855  

Submit "Results from the 14th FINA World Masters Championships" to Digg Submit "Results from the 14th FINA World Masters Championships" to del.icio.us Submit "Results from the 14th FINA World Masters Championships" to StumbleUpon Submit "Results from the 14th FINA World Masters Championships" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great job!
    Looks awesome. How were the results relative to your expectations? How was the experience? What's next -- Montreal 2014?

By the way, there's a chance I'll be in Edmonton for a day or two later in the summer ... if so ... and if you're training with a Masters team there then, I'll try to drop in for a swim.
    Congratulations on a great meet!!!
    Nice swimming Barry!
    Congratulations on some great swims! You do your country, province, and club proud!!!
    Nice job Barry. I saw some of your results during the meet and was very impressed! How was the trip other than the swimming?
    Cheers to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Looks awesome. How were the results relative to your expectations?
    Thanks, Patrick!

My primary goal was to get the Canadian records in the middle distance events. Goal achieved!

However, I was a bit off-goal when it came to my times. Here's my all-time masters LCM PB (all from when I was in the 40-44 age group), all-time masters SCM PB (converted to LCM; some were done in 2009 using a Blueseventy ), my realistic (but tough) goal, my "out-of-this world" goal, and my actual times:

100 Free: 57.37, 56.87, 57.37, 56.30, 58.87
    200 Free: 2:06.55, 2:06.58, 2:07.39, 2:06.00, 2:09.85
    400 Free: 4:36.25, 4:30.43, 4:37.17, 4:36.00, 4:39.51
    800 Free: 9:39.75, 9:27.66, 9:39.00, 9:37.03, 9:41.82
    100 Fly: 1:04.27, 1:04.56, 1:03.90, 1:03.25, 1:05.92

How was the experience??
    It was a great experience! The facility was fantastic. The meet was extremely well run. The town was a great location for an event like this, because everything (hotels, restaurants, the beach, etc.) was close to the pools. Everyone walked everywhere and the outdoor restaurants and pedestrian malls were filled with swimmers in the evenings. The only negative was that there were too many swimmers who obviously didn't make the Q times, entered anyhow and filled up many extra heats, resulting in some very long days. Wasn't too bad for me, though, since I only had one event per day and was able to gauge when to show up.

What's next -- Montreal 2014?
    Or maybe World Masters Games in Torino, Italy (2013)? I was considering Omaha, but have decided against.

By the way, there's a chance I'll be in Edmonton for a day or two later in the summer ... if so ... and if you're training with a Masters team there then, I'll try to drop in for a swim.
    Certainly! Looking forward to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Congratulations on a great meet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Nice swimming Barry!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Congratulations on some great swims! You do your country, province, and club proud!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Cheers to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Nice job Barry. I saw some of your results during the meet and was very impressed!
    Thanks, everyone! That means a lot to me.