View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Wednesday, 06/20 workout

Rate this Entry
by , June 21st, 2012 at 10:45 AM (1121 Views)
Yesterday I made workout again!

SCM, Baylor Fitness Center
Jim Montgomery coached

400 warm up
==> 250 instead

8 x 75 pull on 1:10
==>4 x 75's with paddles & buoy
53 53 51 50(veryflat but I didn't see goal time 49)

4 times thru:
50 easy kick
3 x 25 fast kick on :30
no equipment
started at 25 then down to 21/22 on last set. goal: 20flat and under

Choice of equipment - this miffed me. It was deliberately so that the PBA's could use equipment on a swim set. Geez, we already did a pull set first already!

300 "good" on 4:30
2 x 200 "better" 3:00
3 x 100 "best" 1:45
This is Jim's kind of sets. He likes the mid-D.
===>no.
In lieu of the 300:
3 x 50's fly drill (every other 50 in the 300)

In lieu of the 200's:
4 x 50's on 1:30 done as:
12.5 fly sprint/easy
25 fly sprint/easy
37.5 fly sprint/easy
50 fly sprint
:36 on the last one, which is shockingly slow but incredibly painful. Yours truly could do these pretty comfortably at 32/33 in other seasons. Not sure why so slow and painful. Perhaps just need to build back up to it. New goal: 35 range and under. Then we'll set the next goal back to 32/33's.

In lieu of the 100's:
3 x dive 25's; choice of to 12.5 or 25 fast
walk back and wait for next 1:45.
This was a bit tricky diving in at the end of the lane and moving enough from the middle to not barge into the first person.

50 easy

The End
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Swedish fish:
I am really into swedish fish. I ate almost a whole bag (the size that hangs on the rack with the Life Saver gummies, Black Forset gummies,, etc and other candy in the chewy category). Although they probably make them at the same plant, the large size ones are far superior to the double large bag of small swedish fish. The small ones you have to put 2 in your mouth, like the old flouride swabs, in each cheek. You only get one satsifying chop before it's split in two. The big ones are great. They fill your entire mouth and you can just rest, super lazy and not have to chew or anything. Then you can swivel them around in your mouth and make a swedish fish retainer and cover your entire teeth, slowing turning the swedish fish into a swedish eel. In the event you accidentally almost swallow one, it is so large that the tail usually is still stuck in your throat and you can pull it back up.

Next up: Thoughts on ice cream vs. soft serve.

Submit "Wednesday, 06/20 workout" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, 06/20 workout" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, 06/20 workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, 06/20 workout" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I seriously don't get the whole PB addiction. I hate them. I think it's so much harder to pull with my legs constrained.

I absolutely refuse to purchase undersized swedish fish. It's ridiculous that they even make them. I mean are they trying to suggest that you're eating less b/c the fish are smaller? Wholly unsatisfying if you ask me.

Jelly beans are my favorite. Again the big ones but only the kind with the sizable sugary shell. No red, white, pink or black! Jelly bellys are ridiculous and whoever decided that popcorn should be a flavor should have their head examined.

oh and soft serve
    Swedish fish rock and, coupled with Jujy Fruit, you get your omega-3s and other fruity-vitamins
    OM NOM NOM
    Hmmm...I now know what's for dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I seriously don't get the whole PB addiction. I hate them. I think it's so much harder to pull with my legs constrained.

I absolutely refuse to purchase undersized swedish fish. It's ridiculous that they even make them. I mean are they trying to suggest that you're eating less b/c the fish are smaller? Wholly unsatisfying if you ask me.

Jelly beans are my favorite. Again the big ones but only the kind with the sizable sugary shell. No red, white, pink or black! Jelly bellys are ridiculous and whoever decided that popcorn should be a flavor should have their head examined.

oh and soft serve
    I agree 110% on the large Swedish fish! And they are kinda heavy to pick up! Even after my 120+ days of P90X!

I must admit I am a jelly bean novice. I totally agree with the black (licorice) ones. I mean, who eats black necco wafers? or orange circus peanut candy? or boston baked beans? why did my mother buy those? I will have to ask her these important meaning-of-life questions along with all her estate planning issues when I visit in July.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Swedish fish rock and, coupled with Jujy Fruit, you get your omega-3s and other fruity-vitamins
    I also like Jujy fruit, when in a pinch and neither swedish fish, gummy bears, nor sour patch kids are available.

The total bummer is when you go the movie theatre, and your choices are junior mints (but you already have a slight heartburn, so nix this choice), milk duds (but you have a slight toothache already, so nix again), raisinettes (these are delicious but give you gas, and not alone with just your kids so you have to nix this choice), and whoppers (but you just aren't in the mood) and thus you are left with Sour Jacks. This is too far down the chewy/gummy food chain. And then you kick yourself for not doing the walgreens/cvs candy aisle run before going to the theatre and smuggling it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    OM NOM NOM
    Awesome, but my swedish fish are all red! This must be a different brand, as the tail is a bit on the small side and missing that critical choke-stopper hook. It also doubles as a small comfort grip handle when you want to suck on the fish like a lolipop.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Awesome, but my swedish fish are all red! This must be a different brand, as the tail is a bit on the small side and missing that critical choke-stopper hook. It also doubles as a small comfort grip handle when you want to suck on the fish like a lolipop.
    OM NOM NOM
    Ur coming to visit in july? Pittsburgh? Hope u can come swim at Pitt.
    I don't even like that whole genre of candy much, except as cake decorations, but your post makes me want to get some fish just to play with them!