View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 06/25/12: evening

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
I did a slightly modified version of Fort's [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=20835"]workout #4 (6/11-17/12)[/ame] tonight as time allowed:

Warm up:
400 choice
8 x (25 drill + 25 kick) @ 1:15
-- 2 of each stroke
4 x 50 torque drill @ 1:30
50 EZ

Speed sets:
8 x 50 burst + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ

1 x 100 AFAP FR (went 58.3)
200 EZ

2 x through:
-- 1 round free/kick
1 x 25 @ 100 pace + 25 EZ @ 1:30
1 x 25 AFAP + 75 EZ @ 2:15
1 x 50 AFAP + 100 EZ @ 4:00

8 x 50 @ 1:30
- 1-4: IM rotation
- 5-8: Quarter's Strong FR
100 EZ
(Solo/Rec/2850yds/65 min)
--------------------------

I was able to say hi to GregJS tonight during the Monday evening swim - I miss getting there recently as it is more of a social time for me. I was picking his brain on breaststroke tecnique, as I regard him as my coach for for this horrible stroke.

This was a great speed workout - the intervals are almost spot on for really putting in the effort and getting rewarded with a little rest. Truth be told, I almost did the Lactate Production workout but after I wrote it down it dawned on me that I might have made a mistake. The 100 fast time was really good - not sure when I have gone that fast from a push in a while, and since I am not feeling very speedy of late it was nice to hammer out. I am still trying to balance store rate speed and not cutting my pull short on the fast swims - still more work to go. I don't have a parachute so I just modified that section a bit.

With work tomorrow I will likely not be able to swim, unless I get out right at 8pm and make the last 15 minutes of masters practice to stretch out. I may not be that motivated, though.

Oh, for your viewing pleasure, here is a look at the shirts I had made up for my open water swims this year. My yaker Bobby came up with the slogan and my talented sister Jill did the drawing (Bob's mom works for the Army/Navy shop in town and got us a good deal on printing). The Kingdom mountains to the Portland Light ...

Submit "Workout 06/25/12: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 06/25/12: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 06/25/12: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 06/25/12: evening" to Google

Updated June 25th, 2012 at 09:56 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

15 minutes is better than nothing.
    True ...
    Awesome t-shirt... that's so cool. I like that passage too; I always think of it when I feel like quitting, then I don't because I'd like to be able to say at the end of it all that I endured... and you'd be hard pressed to find a better example of endurance than Paul.
    Great shirt Mike.
    I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith
    That verse is special to me as well. My dad passed away almost ten years ago, and although ALS took away the ability for him to use his hands, his legs stayed strong and he walked daily until he couldn't anymore. Despite the obstacles encountered during the race, he kept the faith, often quoting this verse. Hope, through our faith, is not easy to shut down.