View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Still Powerless, Monday July 2

Rate this Entry
Sunday:

RC/Yoga/Foam rolling, 45 minutes

Stepped on the pool deck for a swim and was informed that a kid had an accident in the pool and it was closed. Seriously?! I drove to our summer league pool, which fortunately had reopened. I did 1200 SCM with 4 bursts and an up tempo 25. My brain is just not on swimming right now.

Monday:

Still no power. Day 4. And there is no repair date for my area on the power co website, though there is an estimate that 85-90% will have power by Thursday. There is also the threats of thunder storms the next few days that could hamper power restoration efforts. Can't catch a break here in No Va.

I am sitting in Whole Foods eating lunch and pondering whether to get a pedicure or go to the gym for a few hours and blow my taper. Power outages and taper don't mix well.

I do have an ART appt later ths afternoon.

Submit "Still Powerless, Monday July 2" to Digg Submit "Still Powerless, Monday July 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Still Powerless, Monday July 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Still Powerless, Monday July 2" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga , ART

Comments

The best tapers can come from low expectations.

You can quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    The best tapers can come from low expectations.

You can quote me.
    I already had low expectations. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I already had low expectations. :-)
    So, if best tapers are strongly correlated with low expectations, just think about how great your taper will become as your expectations further plummet.

Is there no possibility of you heading to Omaha earlier? You could numb your senses by watching the 1500s and 800s.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    So, if best tapers are strongly correlated with low expectations, just think about how great your taper will become as your expectations further plummet.

Is there no possibility of you heading to Omaha earlier? You could numb your senses by watching the 1500s and 800s.
    No, I really can't leave before Mr. Fort gets home. Leaving teens alone is never a good idea. We have cats I'm worried about. And I'm trying to keep our flowers and lawn alive.

I just saw that my road is closed with a utility crew there. Really hope that means power in the near future!
    I am sitting in Whole Foods eating lunch and pondering whether to get a pedicure or go to the gym for a few hours
    File under "First World Problems."
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Trolling for asterisks. I approve!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Ha! No kidding. The only thing I really resent is the lack of sleep.