Tuesday, June 3 2012
by, July 4th, 2012 at 07:35 AM (393 Views)
SCY @Fort Myers Aquatic Center
Air temp of 90, pool at 81, 100% water clarity.
Sunny skies with humidity at 75%
1x1000 REV IMO
5x200 FR on 2:30
- Swim w/paddles
3x500 DR/S by 50 on 1:00 rest
- 1) BR, 2) BK, 3) Fly
10x100 on 1:30 as:
- Odd # Cruise FR
- Even # Fast IM Desc 1-5
- Odd FR 100s 1-9, 1:10 ave
EZ 200 FR
- What difference it makes when the water temp is 3-4 degrees cooler!
- The SWF summer weather has arrived; hot humid mornings with air temp over 80 by 8am, slightly dryer heat of 90 by noontime, with off/on traveling thunderstorms in the afternoons.
- My freestyle "feel" and "form" appear to still be intact after 5 weeks of inconsistant and more casual workouts. Swimming Fly and Br is still satisfactory as well, but the backstroke feels clumsy and unstable. From about June to September, it is my experience that the sun glares down at me more direct and intense when I do backstroke and therefore I do it less.
- Lee County schools will reopen in early August, so when the kids are back in class, I should be a be able to start rebuilding my FR endurance base for some 5K OW swims in October.