View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

LCM Nats Day 1

Rate this Entry
50 free, 3rd, 29.29

Just swam the 50 free today. It felt rough and choppy, and I tightened up the second 25. But having not trained any sprint free, I didn't expect anything different. And I was pretty happy with the time. It equals my best textile suit time from some years ago. I've only gone sub 29 (3 x in Indy) with my B70. If the results from Worlds and Nats stand, this time will put me #4 in the FINA rankings. I'll take it!

I did not take the 100 back however. I was tired after 50 free and didn't have enough time to recover and wrap my brains around 4 lengths of the pool. I also don't feel great in the water. Last week's fiasco and missing a couple days in the pool definitely threw me off. But I still think 50 free was a good "get the cobwebs out swim.". And I'm psyched for 50 back today. I tried a couple more starts in the afternoon, which felt great. I'm using the higher bar and putting 1/3 of my feet out of the water. Love FINA walls for backstroke starts. I also got a quick massage to loosen up my back.

Forum/masters dinner tonight at Vivace if anyone wants to join!

Submit "LCM Nats Day 1" to Digg Submit "LCM Nats Day 1" to del.icio.us Submit "LCM Nats Day 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "LCM Nats Day 1" to Google

Comments

Leslie, I saw your 50 and it looked great. I saw you talking with Ande afterwards and tried to make my way over to chat, but, by the time I got there, you had already disappeared. I'll see you tonight.