View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, July 16

Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY @ OakMarr w/Speedo-MB:

Warm up:

When we arrived the pool was absolutely packed. Many noodlers in the lap lanes. So we warmed up in the diving well.

800-850 various for me, 1000 for Pete

Main Sets:

I let Speedo pick the sets. I'm weary from thinking up workouts. And I still need to post a couple more over in the HIT forum.

300 ultra kick
12 x 25 @ :35
15 fast, 10 cruise, approx :15 rest
-- I did backstroke kick. Pete did flutter kick w/board. So we were about the same pace.

8 x 50 @ 1:00
25 stroke kick + 25 stroke
2 x IM order

5 x 200 @ 2:40
Pete did free w/paddles
I used fins and did 3 backstroke kick and 2 free
Went 2:15, 2:19-20 on next 3 and 2:12 on last one (kick).

Yes, you read this right. I did this set without any quibbling whatsoever after Pete announced I would "hate him"!

Long chat break, which caused us to then cramp right away on the next set.

4 x through:
50 stroke, IM order @ 200 pace @ 1:00
100 free smooth @ 2:00

100 EZ

Total: 3200

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hadn't planned to swim today. But I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to swim with Speedo-MB. And it was likely a decent recovery type workout after the meet. Looking forward to yoga or the gym tomorrow!

It's very odd. The 3 weeks before Nationals after PRP my shoulder was really bothering me. During Nationals it was fine and it feels much better now. And I haven't done any RC exercises in 10 days.

Submit "Monday, July 16" to Digg Submit "Monday, July 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, July 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, July 16" to Google

Updated July 16th, 2012 at 03:12 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I need to add that set back into my diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I need to add that set back into my diet.
    The ultra set? I told Pete we could do a 50 EZ and then another 300, but he wasn't taking.
    5 x 200 @ 2:40
    Huh?

Long chat break
    Details please.

200 pace
    Do you have one of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    The ultra set? I told Pete we could do a 50 EZ and then another 300, but he wasn't taking.
    5x200s
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Huh?

Details please.

Do you have one of these?
    I would have drawn the line at 10 x 200.

Discussed life, MB & Bs, parenting, swimming, etc.

I do have a 200 pace. It's mostly imaginary, but it works.
    5x200s
    Don't you do that one all the time? You haven't given us a blog update in ages, so I don't really know anymore.
    Yes, you read this right. I did this set without any quibbling whatsoever after Pete announced I would "hate him"!
    I was so amazed- she smiled and quipped "Sure! I'll do that!" I think I did a double-take.
    Don't you do that one all the time? You haven't given us a blog update in ages, so I don't really know anymore.
    I swim a bit more than Speedo but since I left for Europe (in April) I have not put in any serious training.

5x200 is a very rare team practice set, it is a tough solo practice set and one I only do when I am in a more serious mindset than I currently am. So no, I rarely do sets of 200s.
    I swim a bit more than Speedo but since I left for Europe (in April) I have not put in any serious training.

5x200 is a very rare team practice set, it is a tough solo practice set and one I only do when I am in a more serious mindset than I currently am. So no, I rarely do sets of 200s.
    Will you gear up for a Dec. meet? Or are you contemplating another sport as well?

I don't see myself doing that set solo either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    I was so amazed- she smiled and quipped "Sure! I'll do that!" I think I did a double-take.
    It's good to shock peiple once in awhile. I'm sure no one expected me to do long course 100 evil.
    Will you gear up for a Dec. meet? Or are you contemplating another sport as well?

I don't see myself doing that set solo either.
    I am not contemplating another sport, but after Maui I do not see competing again this year.
    I am not contemplating another sport, but after Maui I do not see competing again this year.
    No surprise trip to Boston in December for a SCM meet?

And I'm really shocked to see that 5 x 200 @ 2:40. Heck, that's what I may do for a boring pull set to give my legs a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    And I'm really shocked to see that 5 x 200 @ 2:40. Heck, that's what I may do for a boring pull set to give my legs a break.
    I was viewing it as a leg endurance set. I don't mind working on that. I do mind blowing out my shoulders with long freestyle sets.

Boston is a good meet. I was promoting it to a friend at Nats as well who finds Long Beach cold.
    It's good to shock peiple once in awhile. I'm sure no one expected me to do long course 100 evil.
    Or to accept a 225 MF kick vs. 200 Fly gridge either.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    No surprise trip to Boston in December for a SCM meet?
    No, probably not.