View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Losing my Modifying Touch

Rate this Entry
by , July 21st, 2012 at 07:54 PM (478 Views)
What is wrong with me? I did the entire Saturday workout. Again! Well, I guess leading the lane you are rather committed. And they aren't used to my modifying shinanigans.

LCM, SMU outdoor pool

500 warmup
did the entire thing!
got to practice in plenty-o-time. amazing how lack of parking will incentivize me to show up early for a coveted free parallel parking space!

400 pull

5x 150 on 2:30
this wasn't easy, but I only held 2:10 to a 2:03!

4 x 100 easy on 1:45

5 x 150 on 2:30
swam #1 on 2:05
kick with Speedo Optimus fins on back
held 2:15ish to 2:10 on last one

2 x 100 easy

I was surprised I wasn't faster. But, it shows i'm not in the greatest of vanilla-set shape. I was thinking 40 base per 50 would be more like it, so I should be working towards starting nearer to 2:00 and then working down under for the fastest ones.

I can't even remember my "old" LCM paces. I haven't really swum LCM workouts other than sprint LCM days since circa 1998 before I was married. So a 40 base seems a key marker, seeming to be the equivalent of around a 37 SCM.. but it depends on the set as well....

Then....
25 minute walk
Plyo X!

and then....
I cleaned all the bathrooms in the house, except for my husband's shower. Ran out of magic eraser pads, and I won't clean any shower without them now! I was going to get my girls to help, but I simply forgot and was on a roll with my cleaning routine.

Then....
watched the Magnificent Ambersons for about the 8th time, and the ending to Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which i've seen maybe at least 10 times now. There is nothing so thrilling as the human race getting kicked by the apes.

Next up:
Sunday LCM workout! Will I do the entire workout again? Boy, that makes my posts super boring!

Submit "Losing my Modifying Touch" to Digg Submit "Losing my Modifying Touch" to del.icio.us Submit "Losing my Modifying Touch" to StumbleUpon Submit "Losing my Modifying Touch" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments