View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat., Jul 21

Rate this Entry
Drylands:

RC exercises
HS hi row, 95 x 1 x 5, 140 x 4 x 8
deadlift, 95 x 1 x 5, 115 x 4 x 5
reverse preacher curl, 20 x 1 x 8, 30 x 1 --- F! right elbow went twang just like a rubber band, insta pain.
explosive leg press, 190 x 4 x 10
leg abductor, 100 x 3 x 8
total ab machine, 100 x 3 x 15
straight leg raises, 2 x 20

Bike, 45 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Took Friday off as I was super busy and wanted to see The Dark Knight rises. Yesterday was busy too with our last summer league meet (cold and in the rain) and Lil Fort's twilight race. Both girls grabbed some wins and Lil Fort dropped time in her 5K, running a 20:47. Next weekend is our Divisional Champs. My once a week swimmer Teen Fort will swim fly & breast. But Lil Fort has to miss out bc she's running the 3000 at the National Track & Field championships in Baltimore the same day. http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calend...and-Field.aspx.

I definitely reinjured my right elbow yesterday. . It's been slightly twitchy lately, which I believe is due to subbing breast for free during practice. But now it feels just like it did last November and I'm worried I've done some permanent damage to the tendon. I had hoped, with my shoulder improved, to be injury free for awhile. Foiled. And this really throws a wrench in my plans to build back upper body strength this summer heading into the fall short course racing season. I have an appt for (hopefully) my last PRP session on my shoulder on Aug. 21. I'll rest it until then and see what the doc says about my elbow. Last time, the cortisone shot zapped the pain, but if there's some damage in there, that won't help in the long term.

Submit "Sat., Jul 21" to Digg Submit "Sat., Jul 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat., Jul 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat., Jul 21" to Google

Updated July 22nd, 2012 at 06:43 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Spinning

Comments

Crap! That stinks about the elbow. Maybe time for some endurance kicking or shooter work while it's recovering? Hope it's just a ping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Crap! That stinks about the elbow. Maybe time for some endurance kicking or shooter work while it's recovering? Hope it's just a ping.
    Yep, did a 2000 kick set today.

I don't think I tore anything ... But I torqued it good; I could feel the tendon stretch and snap. My elbows are double jointed and, like the shoulders, loosey goosey. I am wondering if heavy upper body lifting is just out forever.

Did you show at HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yep, did a 2000 kick set today.

I don't think I tore anything ... But I torqued it good; I could feel the tendon stretch and snap. My elbows are double jointed and, like the shoulders, loosey goosey. I am wondering if heavy upper body lifting is just out forever.

Did you show at HP?
    OK, hopefully it will recover quickly. No HP for me today, but I swam there last night in a downpour on the way back from the Nats game. Love to swim in that pool for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    OK, hopefully it will recover quickly. No HP for me today, but I swam there last night in a downpour on the way back from the Nats game. Love to swim in that pool for some reason.
    Great view!

So dates these days now involve long course swims? :-)
    Great view!

So dates these days now involve long course swims? :-)
    Wouldn't that be a nice trend?
    So sorry to read about the elbow. Well, just take it easy and lots of kicking and other stuff in the meantime! When does Fort Boy or rather Fort Lil' Man go back to college?
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    So sorry to read about the elbow. Well, just take it easy and lots of kicking and other stuff in the meantime! When does Fort Boy or rather Fort Lil' Man go back to college?
    I'm going to be more aggressive with ice and ibuprofen this time.

Not until September. I'm so glad! Teen Fort behaves better when he's here to make fun of her drama.
    Sorry to hear about the elbow drama, I can so totally relate. I think I remember hearing somewhere that people with really loose joints like yours are prone to straining them, but seldom end up with severe injury. Hope that's true in your case!
    I'm going to be more aggressive with ice and ibuprofen this time.

Not until September. I'm so glad! Teen Fort behaves better when he's here to make fun of her drama.
    Besides kicking, what else can you work on around the elbow?

That's a late start to school! Too funny about Teener!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Sorry to hear about the elbow drama, I can so totally relate. I think I remember hearing somewhere that people with really loose joints like yours are prone to straining them, but seldom end up with severe injury. Hope that's true in your case!
    Me too! Don't think it's serious. Just wonder about some possible tendon degradation. My ankles are really loose too, and I've sprained them running many times. Sometimes I can still feel the compromised areas. Once you stretch out a tendon, it doesn't shrink back.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Besides kicking, what else can you work on around the elbow?

That's a late start to school! Too funny about Teener!
    I think I'll have to eliminate fast breaststroke and parachute work for awhile. Probably only limited paddles. It didn't feel too bad on the little slow swimming I did yesterday.

Dartmouth is on the quarter system, and has a later start and end date than schools on the semester system.