View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, July 24

Rate this Entry
Monday:

Lil Fort wasn't feeling too great, so I was home with her. I think it was mostly from staying up way too late at a group sleepover. I've always hated kid sleepovers ... I did get in about 40 minutes of foam roller/stretching/RC exercises.

Tuesday:

Lil Fort magically better with a monster night's sleep. So I got in a double whilst she hung out with friends.

Drylands:

RC/scapula exercises
squats, 180 x 4 x 8
good mornings, 55 x 1 x 8, 65 x 3 x 8
rear delt flys, 55 x 4 x 8
wide grip lat pulldowns, 50 x 2 x 25
resisted side lunges, 40 x 2 x 15
resisted track start jumps, 40 x 1 x 12
altitude drops, 2 x 5
flutter kicks on bosu, 100
captain's chair leg raises, 2 x 20

-- drove to pool --

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
8 x 25 back shooters @ :40
6 x 50 fly drills @ :20 RI

Main Sets w/fins:

Did some of workout #1 from the HIT forum: [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=21076"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums[/ame].

4 x 50 smooth free @ :50
1 x 50 flutter kick w/board
1 x 100 backstroke kick @ 90%
-- went :54
2 x 50 EZ

4 x 50 smooth back @ 1:00
1 x 50 flutter kick w/board
1 x 100 IM, broken :15 @ 50, fast @ 90%
-- went :56
2 x 50 EZ
masters minute

1 x 50 fly AFAP, :24
-- spaced out and forgot to do the 4 x 50 smooth as recovery and really felt the IM. I was distracted by the amazing SDKs of an apparent college swimmer (who later threw down a 22 50 free from a push)
-- was also starting to bonk b/c I only had a luna bar for lunch, but persisted. no gus in the darn bag.
3 x 50 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP shooter, :21
3 x 50 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP dolphin kick w/board, broken @ :25 for :10
-- went :22
3 x 50 EZ

8 x 25 w/parachute @ 1:00

100 EZ

Total: 2900

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still taking it fairly easy on the drylands weights wise. But I'm certain I'll feel sore the next couple days. Can't remember the last time I did squats ... Happily, the rear delt flys and (very) wide grip lat pulldowns at low weight did not bother my elbows.

My speed was definitely off in the pool. Some due to bonking and some due to not doing much speed work lately, I believe. No big deal, it's July with no meet in sight until October. Though I notice there is a senior olympics meet in MD at a decent pool in early Sept: http://www.pvmasters.org/entry.htm.

I should probably put on my compression gear tonight ...

Submit "Tuesday, July 24" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, July 24" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, July 24" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, July 24" to Google

Comments

No big deal, it's July with no meet in sight until October.
    I think there is a meet this weekend that is kinda a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I think there is a meet this weekend that is kinda a big deal.
    Yes, I will enjoy being an avid spectator.
    Clay is planning on doing the Senior Olympics meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    Clay is planning on doing the Senior Olympics meet.
    I assume times won't count for USMS?

I notice they left the 200 fly off the list of events. haha
    This meet has been USMS recognized in the past, but last year it was not. Rumor has it this year they will apply for recognition. If so, then the times will count for USMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    This meet has been USMS recognized in the past, but last year it was not. Rumor has it this year they will apply for recognition. If so, then the times will count for USMS.
    Thx for the info. Maybe at some point closer to the meet, I'll email the meet director and ask. It would be great if they counted. I would be tempted to crank a couple 100s again.