View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 07/24/12: (and pool update)

Rate this Entry
Got up this morning for a quick swim in NY.

4 x 200 with :20 SR
1 x Noah's Ark
10 x 50 with :10 SR
- 1-4, 6-9: Quarter's Strong
- 5, 10: breaststroke - ride the glide
(Solo/Hoosick Falls/1800yds/30 min)
-------------------------------

A short swim but nice to get in for some recovery. Probably my only time in the water this week with work and other activities.

The Bennington Banner has an update on the Rec Center rebuild this summer - looks like more work is required than they planned to do, but it should come in under budget and on time for completion to allow the pool to reopen after Labor Day. Here is a picture I took tonight of the progress (and the rusted out columns that need to be replaced) ...
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1169.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	6878

I had an eye appt today and ordered some new glasses, spending a good deal of the afternoon inside until the eye drops wore off. Tonight we went to eat at the Rattlesnake cafe tonight as a "send-off supper" for my wife and daughter, who are leaving tomorrow for a flight to DC, then on to Kenya through August 10th for a medical mission with Global Health Outreach, the same group that I have been to Nicaragua with. I'm excited to see how God can work in their lives to help the people that they will serve through medicine, as well as hear of their adventures seeing His Creation halfway across the globe.

Submit "Workout 07/24/12: (and pool update)" to Digg Submit "Workout 07/24/12: (and pool update)" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 07/24/12: (and pool update)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 07/24/12: (and pool update)" to Google

Tags: gho
Categories
Swim Workouts , NSR

Comments