round 1: flutter kick w/board & fins, high 11-12 flatish
round 2: dolphin kick w/board & fins, high 11-12 flatish
round 3: back kick, no fins @ 1:30, 14 high-15 flatish

150 EZ

8 x 25 various w/parachute @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 3750

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The pool was the usual weekend mosh pit. But I had half a lane and there were backstroke flags, so all was well. Did a kick focused workout.

Didn't work out yesterday, too busy. My girls had a good day. Lil Fort dropped 18 seconds in her 3000 at Nationals, running 11:39. And my rower Teen Fort, out of nowhere, dropped a :35 50 meter evil (no blocks) at Divisional Champs, handily making all stars. She finally listened to mommy and did her dolphin kick before the pulldown.

I am trying to decide whether to peek at the 400 free relay results. Thus far, I've only seen one Olympic spoiler on FB. I'm wondering whether Lochte can really throw down an anchor worthy 100 free sprint ... Hadn't really thought of him as a freestyle sprinter. And Grevers swam great in the prelims.

Submit "Sunday, July 29" to Digg Submit "Sunday, July 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, July 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, July 29" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Do not peek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Do not peek.
    Didn't. Still puzzled by Lochte, a definite non-sprinter, anchoring a free sprint relay. Though the US probably wouldn't have won with Grevers or someone else on the relay either with Agnel's split. I think I read that on paper the US team could have been 4th. Given that, second is great. WTF happened to the huge gold medal fave the Aussies?
    Updated July 30th, 2012 at 12:01 PM by The Fortress
    Maybe they'll win it during the west coast broadcast coming up soon! No big deal...I've seen the news about this already, but it's still fun to watch it happen "live".
    Great results from both of your kids, both fantastic!

And sorry if you caught my FB spoiler. I'm more into looking online, and watching the BBC feed (far better than NBC).
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great results from both of your kids, both fantastic!

And sorry if you caught my FB spoiler. I'm more into looking online, and watching the BBC feed (far better than NBC).
    It wasn't yours! I did hear that Vollmer won fly, but I thought she would anyway. I wasn't buying that Sojstrom would pull off an upset.