View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Getting Through

Rate this Entry
by , March 31st, 2009 at 06:52 PM (1142 Views)
Today I didn't feel great. I had no energy and my legs were still sore. I didn't feel bad enough to take the day completely off, so just got through my workouts.

Weight room:

1 mile warm-up run

Lat pulldowns: 110 x 10, 130 x 8, 150 x 6
Military press: 40 x 10, 55 x 8, 70 x 6
Bench press: 45 x 8, 65 x 6, 85 x 4, 100 x 1, 105 x 1
Tricep pulldowns: 30 x 10, 40 x 8, 50 x 6
Hammer curls: 2 sets of 10 lbs each arm x 10

Core work:

1 x 50 with legs on Swiss ball
1 x 50 Bicycle crunches
1 x 50 scissors (good morning darlings)
2 x 25 side crunches (1 set on each side)
2 x 25 crunches with 10 lb. medicine ball

Ankle work: 3 sets of each of the following toe raises - 10 with feet pointed forward, 10 with feet turned out, 10 with feet turned in

Run on treadmill: 2 minutes hard/1 min easy for 2 miles.

Hoping to get a swim in tomorrow. Was hoping to do a long run also, but I may have to give my legs a break.

Submit "Getting Through" to Digg Submit "Getting Through" to del.icio.us Submit "Getting Through" to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting Through" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ugh on the no energy! I have trouble doing weights when low energy. Great job getting it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Ugh on the no energy! I have trouble doing weights when low energy. Great job getting it in.
    Thanks, Fort. I'm getting discouraged about the running in a big way. It's just not coming along as fast as I hoped it would and it seems to really wear me out. I think the main problem is that I am holding myself to the standards I set eight years ago. I guess I might as well start over.
    Why so much ankle work? Does a certain someone appreciate a well defined extensor digitorum longus?
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    Thanks, Fort. I'm getting discouraged about the running in a big way. It's just not coming along as fast as I hoped it would and it seems to really wear me out. I think the main problem is that I am holding myself to the standards I set eight years ago. I guess I might as well start over.
    Well, I don't know about start over ... but I would keep a 30+ and 40+ mental calendar. I think it just takes awhile to get the running legs back.

Q -- she's trying to strengthen the loosey goosey ankles so she can actually run without injury!
    Thanks for the encouragement, Fort. It sure seems harder than it did just 10 years ago, but I'll hang in there a little bit longer.

qbrain - She is right about strengthening the ankles. In fact, she gave me the idea. My ankles are so weak, that my feet roll in badly when I run. According to my foot doc, this was the reason why I got a stress fracture in my hip from running 9 years ago. With my feet rolling in, my hips were taking all of the impact. I wear orthotics now, but it is probably not a bad idea to keep the ankles strong.
    I figured there was a serious reason and I am sure you have very shapely extensor digitorum longi now as a side benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I figured there was a serious reason and I am sure you have very shapely extensor digitorum longi now as a side benefit.
    Thanks, qbrain!!