View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Aug. 13

Rate this Entry
1.7 mile jog + 1.7 mile IG ocean swim

2 mile walk on the beach later

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The tide was out when I meandered to the beach around 10:00 am, so I decided on an ocean swim. I changed strokes and even did some backstroke kicking. But, still, open water is so boring. No idea how folks can do that or endless freestyle. I am looking forward to my short course walls! I got bumped down one notch in my LCM 100 back and 100 breast with all the meets this weekend. But overall my times held well for a sucky long course swimmer. A friend sent me a PDF to an article showing that elite swimmers take twice as many strokes in the 100 long course fly as short course fly. Definitely true for me. I did count my strokes on my 50 LCM back, and it was > twice as many as my 50 SCY back. I'm sure the same was true for my 50 LCM fly. No wonder I die at the end. I wonder, as I've heard some say, whether it might be better to slightly build long course 50s as opposed to an immediate drop dead sprint.

Submit "Monday, Aug. 13" to Digg Submit "Monday, Aug. 13" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Aug. 13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Aug. 13" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments