View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 08/17/12:

Rate this Entry
Back to the drylands tonight with my son:

Rowing machine: 15:06, 3613 meters

4 sets of 6 cheating dips (80,70,60,50)
3 sets of 10 seated leg press with calf raise (150,170,190)
3 sets of 10 bench press (45,95,105)

Some foam rolling and tennis ball torture still to come

------
Tomorrow I am off to Lake Champlain, a little over three hours north from Bennington, to celebrate my aunt's 60th birthday party on Grand Isle. I am planning on getting a swim in while there, between burgers and water skiing (or sinking, as I usually just get pulled through the water as opposed to being on top of it).

The last member of the team was med-flighted out of Nairobi on Tuesday and is in an ICU in Charlottesville, VA. No word yet on what the exact cause of her seizures are (viral meningoencephalitis is being considered), but she was put on a ventilator so that she could receive some heavy duty meds to stop them. Still praying for her and her family ...

Here is a collage that my wife put together from their safari in the Masai Mara reserve. The rhinos were walking just three feet away from them (and my daughter tripped and fell into a pile of rhino poo!), and you can see the cheetah at the bottom (apparently some folks from National Geographic were filming and observing it as well).

Submit "Workout 08/17/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 08/17/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 08/17/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 08/17/12:" to Google

Comments

What? No elephant? HAHA kidding. Nice pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    What? No elephant? HAHA kidding. Nice pictures!
    That's what I said, too! They actually did not see any elephants, but were able to see that cheetah, which is rarely seen in the wild.