View RSS Feed

Random Nonsense

My submission for the most boring workout

Rate this Entry
Lifetime SCM

1x5000 swim (~71 minutes)
1x200 cool down

Submit "My submission for the most boring workout" to Digg Submit "My submission for the most boring workout" to del.icio.us Submit "My submission for the most boring workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "My submission for the most boring workout" to Google

Updated August 18th, 2012 at 02:24 PM by qbrain

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

1x5000 swim (~71 minutes)
    1x200 cool down
    You have my vote!
    That's awesome. I'm working my way up to that. 71 minutes is nice.
    Yes.

Dizzy on flip turns?
    Thanks Eric.

Patrick, awesome just doesn't describe swimming 5k at Lifetime inside.

Fort, flip turns don't come all that fast when doing 199 in a row, so no.
    How do you keep from losing count on such a long swim? I may be more distracted than most, but I frequently lose count on 400s. I would be absolutely hopeless on something this long.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.carlson
    How do you keep from losing count on such a long swim? I may be more distracted than most, but I frequently lose count on 400s. I would be absolutely hopeless on something this long.
    I don't worry about it. I check the clock at regular intervals to make sure that what I think the count is is realistic.

When I can see the clock on the side of the pool, I can keep track just by knowing what my average pace is, but Lifetime has the clock installed at one end of the pool, so I only check every 20 laps or so.

During the 5k, I checked at 2k, 3k, 4k and the finish, that given that the 2k was significantly slower than the rest, I might have swam a little further than I counted. I expected my pace to be close to 1:20 but the first 2k was about 1:28 and wrote it off as taking it out easy knowing that it was a long swim. My last 1k was 1:18 pace, which is a good clip for me, indicating that I probably did take it out really easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    USMS should really look into hiring you to make a new series of Smilies to pick from.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    On my 213th blog post you tell me I post boring stuff. Where were you during the first 212 posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    On my 213th blog post you tell me I post boring stuff. Where were you during the first 212 posts?