View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., April 1

Rate this Entry
Hadn't been to my team practice in ages. Had to get up early to put my kid on the Zones bus, so I dragged myself to the 4:45 am practice.

Warm up:

9 x 100, S/K/D

Main sets:

4 x 500 w/paddles & pull buoy,
descend @ 7:00

50 EZ

12 x 100
1-4 @ 1:25
5-8 @ 1:20
9-12 @ 1:15

50 EZ

20 x 25 @ :30, alternate fast and easy

100 C/D

Total: 4800

Weights later today ...

Submit "Wed., April 1" to Digg Submit "Wed., April 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., April 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., April 1" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Leslie. What kind of pace did you hold on the 100s? Did you swim the set straight through without breaks in between the interval changes?
    4x500 pull? What the hell?
    Hahaha! Gotta be an april fools . . .
    4:45 am - rightoooooooooooo
    god that's early, you went far
    looks like you're really training
    you trying to kill your inner sprinter?
    YEP is has to be an APRIL FOOLS
    Quote Originally Posted by gull
    Hey Leslie. What kind of pace did you hold on the 100s? Did you swim the set straight through without breaks in between the interval changes?
    Well, I was sort of sleep walking through it.

I do this type of set very infrequently, and only if I'm swimming inadvertently on freestyle night. I would have to use fins to get through it all. My fast teammates would swim straight through without any rest between the interval changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Hahaha! Gotta be an april fools . . .
    Busted by my own teammate ....

So what did you do at the 4:45 am practice? I was trying to replicate a typical Peter workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    4:45 am - rightoooooooooooo
    I was, in fact, up at 4:45 am. :P

But after the drop off, I came home and went back to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    4x500 pull? What the hell?
    I figured the paddles were a dead giveaway.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Busted by my own teammate ....

So what did you do at the 4:45 am practice? I was trying to replicate a typical Peter workout.
    Heh. You got the yardage about right but you do greater diversity than Peter. This AM we did this:
    Warmup:
    3 x 300 S-K-P
    3 x 200 S-K-Drill
    3 x 100 IM

Workout:
    4 x 100 kick on 1:50
    4 x 100 kick on 1:45
    4 x 100 kick on 1:40

30 x 50 swim; 2 choice, 1 fast on :50 or :60

* I chose :60 to get "closer" to a sprint workout, but he saw that and yanked me out after 10 of them and put me on stretchcord swimming with the kids.

3 x 25 stretchcord swims, all free, 25 easy
    200 easy
    3 x 25 stretchcord swims, fly-free-fly, 25 easy
    50 AFAP for time (23.5).
    200 WD

Were you able to swim today? I'm going to the pool tomorrow and Friday at lunch to continue the 8 x 50 and 8 x 25 stuff. I like it.
    Yeah, he likes that big number 30. I've seen that before, e.g., 30 x 100. Ugh.

I'm not sure exactly what a "stretchcord swim" is? But it sounds better than doing medium pace 50s. Cheryl would have let you pick your interval!

Nice AFAP 50!

Oh, I did swim + lift today. Will post soon.
    I wasn't familiar with stretchcord swimming either. It's just a belt you put around your waist, attached to a length of 3/4" surgical tubing, attached to a starting block.

As you swim the length the tubing stretches and makes swimming progressively harder. I barely made the opposite wall and it took about 25sec- the last 10 yards took about 15sec. He says the team does this prior to meets- sort of like swinging two bats in baseball. And the swim back to the wall is a lot of fun.
    Oh yes, I've heard of those. I've never ventured into them, as I've been told they're hard on shoulders. But I might try them someday. Thanks!