View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

4-1-09 Aerobic Breast/Free

Rate this Entry
11:00 AM to Noon at the Downtown YMCA (SCM) coached by Elisa.

Warmup:
4x75 free on 1:30
8x25 breast pull/dolphin kick on :45
4x50 choice free drill on :50
150 breast kick on back working on 'skinny' knees by keeping hands at side and touching heels to hands.

Main Set:
12x25 free on :45 - every 3rd fast - I went :18 high to :18 low for the fast ones
150 breast on 4:00 - negative split - I went 2:49 with 1:23/1:26 split (stupid negative split;-))
150 breast on 4:00 - negative split - I went 2:50 and did not negative split again:-|

Warm Down:
2x50 br on 1:15
4x50 fr on 1:15

Notes: My breaststroke feels worse and worse, but my times are steadily improving. Coach says I still pause between pull and recovery for an unacceptably long time! Gotta keep working on that. Only doing breaststroke once per week doesn't build much endurance and it showed on the 150s. The last 50 of each was painful!

Submit "4-1-09 Aerobic Breast/Free" to Digg Submit "4-1-09 Aerobic Breast/Free" to del.icio.us Submit "4-1-09 Aerobic Breast/Free" to StumbleUpon Submit "4-1-09 Aerobic Breast/Free" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Breaststroke is hard to negative split if you're not a breaststroker! It's such an exhausting stroke.

Maybe some fast hands drill to fix the pause problem?
    "Coach says I still pause between pull and recovery for an unacceptably long time!"

It's called glide coach, gliiiiiiiiiiiide.
    She's referring to the part after the glide and pull, but before the kick and the next glide! I love to glide!!!
    The pause only happens as I begin to get tired. Which is quickly!
    I was really just trying to come up with some excuse for you to use

But you make a valid point, trying to glide at that point in the stroke would probably cause you to sink.
    I've been told that I'm a bit slow on the uptake! Friday, when we next swim breaststroke in practice, I will remember that excuse!

Gliiiiiide!