View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Riverbank swim

Rate this Entry
I had a good workout at Riverbank this morning. Lots of pools in the area are closed now for annual cleaning, so I got to see friends from various teams around the city whom I haven’t seen in a while. In between the chatting, here’s what I did:

1000 lcm warmup (400s, 200k, 200p, 200 IM d/s by 25)

IM Pyramid: 100/200/300/400/300/200/100 IM, all long and relaxed

400 aimless FR

10 x 50, odds mod-fast FR [held 40s], evens easy BK

Switch to outdoor pool, 500 scy warmdown

My body feels fairly recovered from last week’s swim, apart from some lingering chafing and sunburn. I managed to swim a loop at Brighton on Saturday without exacerbating either. One funny thing—after seeing (spoiler alert!) nary a shark in Cape Cod Bay, I saw my first little one out at Brighton. It was only 3-4 inches long, and was burrowing down into the sand right near shore. Other swimmers said there were quite a few out there—all of them teensy and cute!

I’m eager to start working on getting back some speed after having focused all summer on swimming longer at a sustainable pace. I’ve signed up for two upcoming races—the Lake Hopatcong 2m swim on September 9 (a USMS championship this year), and the 10.2K Little Red Lighthouse Swim on September 22. I had been waiting to see how my body responded to last week’s swim before committing to any more events this fall, but now I feel good to go!

Submit "Riverbank swim" to Digg Submit "Riverbank swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Riverbank swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Riverbank swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're not doing the CIBBOWS 10K on the 8th? I was considering driving down for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by slknight
    You're not doing the CIBBOWS 10K on the 8th? I was considering driving down for it.
    Come on down! I'll be out there helping out with the swim!