View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Happy April Fool's Day

Rate this Entry
I had around 300 kids AF me today.......I always act like I don't know what they are doing, they get a kick out of it!
My student teacher started taking classes today on his own. He is off to a great start. It's interesting to step back and watch class dynamics and how the kids react to another person. It's also nice to get a break from talking all the time.

Tuesday night's practice was a cool surprise! I guess we are going to get more organized and be like an official team! At each starting block there was a workout sheet (4 ability levels) in a plastic sleeve. The workouts ranged from 2,600 to 4,200 yds; normally we do 2,000 (not including a short warm-up if you get there early). Everyone seemed to enjoy this "extra" organized practice! Hopefully this will motivate more of our members to make it to LCM Nationals downtown at the FAST IUPUI natatorium.

Tuesday Practice:
1) 300 Free Warm-up Swim
2) 8 X 50 Free on 1:00
3) 4 X 200 Free on 3:30
4) 4 X 100 Free on 1:45
5) 2 X 200 IM on 4:00
6) 2 X 100 stroke on 2:00
7) 2 X 200 Free on 3:30
8) 2 X 100 Free on 1:45
9) 4 X 75 Kick on 2:00
10) Easy 100 cool-down
3,500 yds--I was just planning to have an easy post state meet day. This work-out felt good even though it was more than I planned to do!

Wednesday Practice: I had my easy day today!
1) Factorial Swim Starting with 300 on 30 sec. per length interval. (Total = 1,950)
2) 6 X 100 IM on 2:00 build speed and stretch
3) Super 500 Swim using IM roll on recovery 25. 30 sec int.
4) 2 X 100 Backstroke (strong kick) on 2:00.
5) 100 easy backstroke cool-down
3,350 yds.
Tomorrow is my last day before Spring Break. I am going to Chicago this week-end for shopping and a play. The rest of the week I'm just hanging at home. I am going to try a "Home Spa Week". I have a giftcard for a day at the Woodhouse Spa (massage, hot rock treatment, facial, mani, pedi).
I am going to spend some time at the LA fitness center and use the whirlpool, sauna, and steam bath. I am hoping to get a couple of Yoga and Pilates classes in..... and hopefully try a spinning class too!

Submit "Happy April Fool's Day" to Digg Submit "Happy April Fool's Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy April Fool's Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy April Fool's Day" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like an awesome spring break plan! Everyone needs some pampering from time to time.

Nice workout on Tuesday.
    That sounds like a fabulous spring break...just enough activity to keep it interesting and just enough hang around time to be relaxing. Have fun!

SOunds like your swim life just took a new direction - I can't wait to hear about all your new workouts

I didn't get a single prank all day. What a drag...