View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Morning Y workout

Rate this Entry
I enjoyed a fun workout with Rondi at the Y this morning. NYC’s public outdoor pools are now closed, and Riverbank is shut down for its annual cleaning, so I felt lucky to have access to the Y's 4-lane 25y pool—I’ll combine lap swim time there with team workouts for the next few weeks, until Riverbank reopens. Lanes were crowded when I arrived—seems like there's an annual back-to-school-and-fitness-routines frenzy that almost rivals the January resolution rush to the gym here. (I know school has started back for weeks in many locales, but nearly all NYC K-12 schools, public and private, hold off the start of their year until after Labor Day). Things cleared out after a bit, and we enjoyed our own lane for much of the workout. Here’s how it went:

900 scy warmup (400s, 200k, 100p, 200 IM d/s)

Broken 1000:
300 FR swim
250 alt. FR drill / BK swim by 50s
200 FR swim
150 alt FR drill / BK swim by 50s
100 FR swim

500 FR, done as 5 x (25 sprint + 75 very easy)

Back-to-school set:
"Arithmetic is Fun!" 500 (all FR except multiples of 3 = BR, multiples of 4 = BK, multiples of 7 = FL)

250 warmdown

I was lethargic until we did the sprints, then felt energized—if I have to swim in a short course pool, it's good to at least have the fun of sprinting 25s! Looking forward to getting reacquainted with some of the other indoor pools here later this week.

Submit "Morning Y workout" to Digg Submit "Morning Y workout" to del.icio.us Submit "Morning Y workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "Morning Y workout" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments