View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

HOORAY! Back to SCM!

Rate this Entry
by , September 4th, 2012 at 04:20 PM (416 Views)
HOORAY! Baylor pool re-opened today. It was annual maintainance, but I can't tell any difference in the pool. The lights are brighter from the ceiling, and the starting blocks are not back in yet.

Today was a stroke day, as Tues/Thurs are typically stroke/IM days at Baylor noon workouts.

400 warmup

Alright! Cut the fat and get right to business!!

Main set:

Three times through:

4 x 50 on 1:00
=>Me: yes, I did these fly/free. Very solid on the 25 fly and smooth on the frees; about 39's.

200 pull
=>Me: no. I went 150 easy kick with fins

3 x 100 on 1:45
middle 100 is IM
=>Me: almost, but no. I did 50/100/50
100s all fly, broken 5 sec at the 25's
subtracted times: 1:13, 1:11, 1:09

I must say, this set was right up my alley today. I was quite excited about doing this fly set. A big key to going fast on the 100 fly was to go easy on the kick (pull part) and go easy 50's instead of the full 100's so I would be all rested up and ready to GO!

easy 50 recovery

6 x 75 kick on 1:40
board and no fins
just get through it after all that fast fly!

Yes, I have been daydreaming of skipping stuff while everyone else is swimming the back of half of 100's or more. I have been getting in a worse and worse mood from swimming full sets outdoors in LCM. Today I feel so reset after doing some 25's and from being able to hang on the wall more than anyone else. The blasto bits are totally fun!

I really have to work back into fly shape. I've done virtually no fly lately and in past years, i'd swim almost as much fast fly as free. So I guess lots of 25/5's and then introducing some 50's and building back up to a full 100. Actually, i'll probably just build back up to 75's and then hang on for the last 25 if and when I feel compelled to swim a 100 fly.

Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to Digg Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to StumbleUpon Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to Google