View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

HOORAY! Back to SCM!

Rate this Entry
by , September 4th, 2012 at 03:20 PM (364 Views)
HOORAY! Baylor pool re-opened today. It was annual maintainance, but I can't tell any difference in the pool. The lights are brighter from the ceiling, and the starting blocks are not back in yet.

Today was a stroke day, as Tues/Thurs are typically stroke/IM days at Baylor noon workouts.

400 warmup

Alright! Cut the fat and get right to business!!

Main set:

Three times through:

4 x 50 on 1:00
fly/free
=>Me: yes, I did these fly/free. Very solid on the 25 fly and smooth on the frees; about 39's.

200 pull
=>Me: no. I went 150 easy kick with fins

3 x 100 on 1:45
middle 100 is IM
=>Me: almost, but no. I did 50/100/50
100s all fly, broken 5 sec at the 25's
subtracted times: 1:13, 1:11, 1:09

I must say, this set was right up my alley today. I was quite excited about doing this fly set. A big key to going fast on the 100 fly was to go easy on the kick (pull part) and go easy 50's instead of the full 100's so I would be all rested up and ready to GO!

easy 50 recovery

6 x 75 kick on 1:40
board and no fins
just get through it after all that fast fly!

Yes, I have been daydreaming of skipping stuff while everyone else is swimming the back of half of 100's or more. I have been getting in a worse and worse mood from swimming full sets outdoors in LCM. Today I feel so reset after doing some 25's and from being able to hang on the wall more than anyone else. The blasto bits are totally fun!

I really have to work back into fly shape. I've done virtually no fly lately and in past years, i'd swim almost as much fast fly as free. So I guess lots of 25/5's and then introducing some 50's and building back up to a full 100. Actually, i'll probably just build back up to 75's and then hang on for the last 25 if and when I feel compelled to swim a 100 fly.

Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to Digg Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to del.icio.us Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to StumbleUpon Submit "HOORAY! Back to SCM!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments