Masters Practice w/Teen Fort, Tuesday, Sept. 4
by, September 4th, 2012 at 11:17 PM (1603 Views)
rehab exercises, 25-30 min
leg abductor, 120 x 4 x 8
adductors, 100 x 4 x 8
good mornings, 70 x 4 x 8
explosive leg press, 190 x 4 x 10
wide grip lat pulldown, 40 x 2 x 25
total ab machine, 110 x 3 x 20
captains chair leg raises, 3 x 20
power wheel roll outs, 2 x 25
knee tuck jumps, 10
altitude drops, 10
Yoga/Stretching, 30 min
Acupuncture, 40 min
Swim/SCY @ GMU w/ Teen Fort
We were a few minutes late. 1300 something was assigned. I did about 800. Shared a lane with Teen Fort and Barb.
8 x 100 kick w/fins
1-4, first 25 = shooter @ 1:50 (held 1:01-02)
5-8, first 25 = dolphin kick on back @ 1:40 (held 1:00s)
12 x 75 IM @ 1:15
-- I used fins
1-4 = no fly
5-8 = no back
9-12 = no breast
15 squat jumps off bottom of pool in deep end
3 x relays, each person does AFAP 25
1 = fly kick UW
2 = free
3 = breast pullouts UW
-->> no! I'm not even using paddles bc of elbows
8 x 50 kick w/fins & board @ :55-1:00
odds = EZ
evens = 25 fast flutter kick (11s) + 25 EZ
Whew, busy day.
1. Teen Fort is trying masters practices in conjunction with sculling this Fall. It was beyond strange doing a masters practice in the same lane as my daughter. She is used to swimming at most 1-2 x per week 1500 yd solo workouts. But she liked Cheryl's (always very good) workout and will try to make some Patriot Masters practices this fall. I may try to tag along on some Sunday mornings.
2. Teen Fort expressed interest in attending the Rowdy Gaines meet in Orlando in mid-October (eyeing TTs in evilstroke & IM). I need to check the exact dates. I hope it's 2 weeks before the Sprint Classic. Could be a go. But I'd still want to attend NE Champs in Dec. as a SCM taper meet. I may need spousal clearance for 2 fall travel meets.
3. The gym is more boring without being able to use your arms. In fact, it's hard to do much of anything without using the elbows. My prickly right elbow feels ever so slightly better after my 4th acupuncture session today. What a tedious slow healing injury.
4. Met with my thyroid doc today. I'm squarely in the mid-range. However, my RBC magnesium is really low again. Had to get an injection. I'm supposed to double my dose and take it am and pm now. I was already at 700 mg. I guess my body doesn't like to absorb magnesium.
5. I actually did an aerobic workout. Ta-da! 2 back to back sets is a lot for me. I felt pretty fried after the IM set ... was not enthusiastic about the squat jumps. Back to speed!
6. Fort Son is driving to college tomorrow am.