View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Sept. 5

Rate this Entry
by , September 5th, 2012 at 09:15 PM (729 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

4 x (3 x 50 fly drills) @ 1:10
1 = caterpillar
2 = chest press
3 = single arm

5 x (5 x 25) shooters w/MF @ :35-:40
1 = back
2 = left side
3 = right side
4 = belly
5 = 360 twirling
75 EZ

5 x 50 smooth free @ 1:00
50 EZ

Total: 2200

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After yesterday, I just needed an easy recovery workout! I should have put on my compression gear last night. I'll probably just do some up tempo stuff and bursts the next couple days before the meet. I'm finally meeting up with Speedo on Friday and I am supposed "to take it easy on him." Isn't it time for the Season 5 blog?

I did purchase the theraband flexbar for my tennis elbow. Off to do some of those and RC stuff now.

Submit "Wed., Sept. 5" to Digg Submit "Wed., Sept. 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Sept. 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Sept. 5" to Google

Updated September 5th, 2012 at 09:57 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I am taking a cue from you and also in defiance of not being able to do less than 50s during my LCM stint, and thus doing as many 25's as possible FAST. One cannot do too many 25's! Customizing the boring bits to be READY for those 25's! You do lots of shooters, which is arguably the most critical part of your swims. In a SCY 50 fly/back, it's 30 meters of your race. So the amount of attention to the shooters, UW, and similar are really, really smart. If only you had BLOCKS!
    I think I am going to do fast 25s today as well! One can also not do enough 15 meter bursts.

I know ... if only I had blocks. Off the block work could give me a couple tenths more in 50s.
    Isn't it time for the Season 5 blog?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain

It's difficult for me to imagine Pete in anything other than jeans or khakis ... Can you tell he no longer even logs onto the forum?