View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Fast IMs and back

Rate this Entry
by , September 6th, 2012 at 03:12 PM (557 Views)
Wow! Now i'm a posting fiend!

Today's workout!

SCM, Baylor Fitness Center

400 warm up

12 x 50s on 1:00
kick/drill
I used Speedo Optimus fins, kick on tummy and fist drills

3 x 100 on 1:45
1st IM
2nd easy free
3rd stroke (back)
=>I wasn't sure what the program was, so decided to just go smooth - 1:26, 1:??, 1:30ish

4 x 150 pull on ??
=====>>> That would be a big no. I did 4 x 25's from a dive off the wall, fast to the 12.5, attempting to get some height and get my body (feet) up and over the water on the dive.

3 x 100's on 1:45
Ok, now it is clear what the theme is for the day!
100 IM 1:20
100 free recovery
100 back 1:19
Did these snappy without killing myself.

4 x 100 on 1:30
===>>>>No. I interpreted this set as rest up for another blasto set of 3.
Did 4x 50 easy; 1 dive

3 x 100 on 1:45
100 IM 1:18
100 free easy
100 back 1:17

Easy 50 free

The End

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This was pretty tough. Going from set 1 to 2 was pretty strong, but to eek out just a couple extra seconds was really tough on the 3rd set. Not bad IM times, given I haven't done much IM last year. I didn't even swim it in a meet last year. I might swim it this year. I think i'll keep the 100 back on the list as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Tonight is meet the teacher night. I am excited to rotate around for my 6th grader's middle school schedule.

Submit "Fast IMs and back" to Digg Submit "Fast IMs and back" to del.icio.us Submit "Fast IMs and back" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fast IMs and back" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I didn't get around to the 100 IM either last year. Will definitely fix that this year. I did 3 x AFAP 100 IMs the other day and I was hammered. Those are some good practice times you laid down for SCM.

Dave Salo says fins are the number one best training tool!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I did 3 x AFAP 100 IMs the other day and I was hammered.
    Maybe not do shots before practice next time?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I didn't get around to the 100 IM either last year. Will definitely fix that this year. I did 3 x AFAP 100 IMs the other day and I was hammered. Those are some good practice times you laid down for SCM.

Dave Salo says fins are the number one best training tool!
    Doing a GOOD IM is tough! The field is very deep, and I find it is more like a 50 than a 100 - there's no room for error in any of the 4 x 25's.

I agree fins are great. One just has to be disciplined to not use them only to go faster than without fins. I like my Speedo Optimus fins the best; the TYR burners are good too, but they don't have any give. But then the fin part is very short, so I can get the beats up but it requires great effort!
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Maybe not do shots before practice next time?
    ho ho! Fort is hammered before and after her IMs!