View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Short morning swim

Rate this Entry
I swam at the Y this morning with Hannah. The pool was deliciously cool, and not at all crowded—we had a lane to ourselves the whole time. Here’s what I did:

400 scy warmup

8 x 100, odds FR desc. @ 1:30, evens IM kick steady @ 2:10
8 x 50, odds IM build @ :50, evens FR kick moderate @ 1:00

4 x 100 FR (25 sprint to feet + 75 easy) @ 1:45

4 x 125 IM, with the extra 25 traveling through the strokes, FR to FL

I cut the workout short after feeling some sharp pain on the outside of my left scapula on the last sprint. It subsided into just discomfort on the IMs, but I decided not to push things and got out after that. I think it might have just been a muscle spasm—the sprinting must come as a shock to my body at this point!

I have a busy weekend planned—tomorrow I’m helping out with the CIBBOWS Triple Dip, and with a mile race followed by a 5/10K it will end up being a long day out at the beach. Then on Sunday I’ll going out to Lake Hopatcong, about an hour west of here, for the USMS 2M championship. Looking forward to it all!

Submit "Short morning swim" to Digg Submit "Short morning swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Short morning swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Short morning swim" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck on you 2M race!
    BTW - what is considered "deliciously cool" water temp up in NYC? Down here in FL, I consider 79 nice & cool, but I think I remember they teach babies to swim in that temp in Maryland (at least they did when I lived there 20 years ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Good luck on you 2M race!
    BTW - what is considered "deliciously cool" water temp up in NYC? Down here in FL, I consider 79 nice & cool, but I think I remember they teach babies to swim in that temp in Maryland (at least they did when I lived there 20 years ago).
    I'd estimate it at about 78. The Y has a second pool that they can keep warmer for the kiddies and water aerobics classes, so the main lap pool is generally a good temp.