View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Recovery day but eeked out a good 50 free!

Rate this Entry
by , September 7th, 2012 at 03:22 PM (1014 Views)
Blogging again!

I am utterly flabbergasted I actually went to 4 workouts in a row!

SCM, Baylor Fitness Center

Amazingly, today was specficially a recovery workout! But, I couldn't help myself and did a few bits of sprint.

400 warm up

4 x 200 pull
====> I did the first one, then lost interest. I put on a bunch of different equipment and swam easy or drills, so total was 200 and then 3 x 100's.

8 x 50 on 1:00
kick/swim
I used my Speedo Optimus fins;
UW kick no breaths/swim easy

4 x150's swim or pull
====>That would be absolutely not.
Me: 3 x 75 easy; 25 blast from a wall dive; fly/back/free
Then: easy 100 free
Grand Finale: 1 blast 50 from a wall dive
truly a 29

6 x 50 on 1:00
kick/drill odds
swim/kick evens
I used SO fins again and mixed free/fly/backs

50 easy

++++++++++++++++++++++++
That was extremely promising. I have rarely been under 30, and this one was solidly so. Now I just have to work it down to a 28 - that would be really good in workout. Best of all, it didn't kill me. I was accelerating (or at least, not wheezing in at the end) into the finish instead of completely dying and just trying to hang on. That said, I didn't really have another one in me. My turn doesn't feel super sharp; sort of "I hope it goes ok" instead of really "owning it!"

Next up:
P90X tonight and tomorrow. Fridays I don't have to help with schoolwork so I feel so free. I'm going to do P90X then eat a bunch of junk food and watch TV. I've got wafer hazelnut cookies, Lays potato chips and Cheeto puffs. I may go up to Chinatown to get my moon cakes - double yolk red bean all the way!!!

Submit "Recovery day but eeked out a good 50 free!" to Digg Submit "Recovery day but eeked out a good 50 free!" to del.icio.us Submit "Recovery day but eeked out a good 50 free!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Recovery day but eeked out a good 50 free!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm going to do P90X then eat a bunch of junk food and watch TV. I've got wafer hazelnut cookies, Lays potato chips and Cheeto puffs. I may go up to Chinatown to get my moon cakes - double yolk red bean all the way!!!
    Yowza, sounds like you are really going to tie one one :-O