View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Sept. 8

Rate this Entry
by , September 7th, 2012 at 06:30 PM (2020 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various
12 x 25 DPK shooters w/fins @ :40
4 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ
6 x (25 up tempo free + 25 EZ) @ 1:30
100 EZ

Total: 1450

Acupuncture, 40 min

Rehab & Stretching, 30 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just did a short little workout today. And that was really all I had time for anyway.

Waiting for Jimby to arrive. There are 90 swimmers signed up for the NBAC meet -- not too bad for this time of year. http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=4140 Psych sheets: http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=4140.

Can anyone tell me if it hurts to go off the blocks with tennis elbow? I didn't seem to have much difficulty diving from the side last Tuesday. Last time I was in the acute stage of tennis elbow, I had no meet in sight for 2 1/2 months.

I tried a few lengths of doing breaststroke recovery with palms down as Salo suggested at the World ASCA clinic. Seemed pretty natural to me. I'll keep working on that, though I'm not doing much evil right now.

Submit "Friday, Sept. 8" to Digg Submit "Friday, Sept. 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Sept. 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Sept. 8" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. jaadams1's Avatar
    Good luck in the meet! Swim fast!
  2. Jazz Hands's Avatar
    Can I possibly get a ride with you to the meet? I might be spectating only, due to my elbow. Suddenly started hurting this week in the pool.
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Good luck in the meet! Swim fast!
    Thx James, but it's just a speed workout for me. No idea why I'm getting up so early for that ... peer pressure.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Can I possibly get a ride with you to the meet? I might be spectating only, due to my elbow. Suddenly started hurting this week in the pool.
    It's probably hurting from weights not swimming though right? No one I've queried seems to think swimming will hurt the elbows that much. Though breast recovery seems to bother mine.

    Do you want to drive to my house and ride with us? I don't think I can detour to Arlington at that time of the am. I can hop right on the beltway and get to 95 from my house.
  5. Jazz Hands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    It's probably hurting from weights not swimming though right? No one I've queried seems to think swimming will hurt the elbows that much. Though breast recovery seems to bother mine.
    Hard to say. This type of pain first happened when I was lifting, about six years ago. But swimming aggravates it more.

    Do you want to drive to my house and ride with us? I don't think I can detour to Arlington at that time of the am. I can hop right on the beltway and get to 95 from my house.
    Yep I can get to your house.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Hard to say. This type of pain first happened when I was lifting, about six years ago. But swimming aggravates it more.

    Yep I can get to your house.
    Great. Jim and I thought we should leave by 6:15, really nice and early. 1927 Beulah Road in Vienna.
  7. Jazz Hands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Great. Jim and I thought we should leave by 6:15, really nice and early. 1927 Beulah Road in Vienna.
    Cool, see you then.