Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 7:00-9:00pm
by, September 8th, 2012 at 01:01 AM (500 Views)
Back to the grind again. 4 days in a row is a good way to kick off the opening week of the season. At least I haven't missed a practice yet. And onward to my OW race tomorrow at noontime in beautiful Lake Chelan, WA.
Workout tonight was a good one. Only had 5 in the lane which was nice, though we had a couple who were lagging a little behind and made for interesting lap traffic.
600 (Alt. 100 Swim/100 Kick w/ board)
8 x 50 @ 1:00
6 x 75 @ 1:10
6 x 500s w/ ~1:00 to 1:30 rest between each (supposed to be :15 - yeah right)
This was some of the best 500s I've ever done in a practice setting, especially that many in a row. I'm getting in shape quick, kinda, my legs are still yelling at me...
- #1 - Kick w/ board - 200 Free/100 Breast/200 Free
- #2 - Swim w/ zoomers - 200 Free/100 Fly/200 Free (went 5:50)
- #3 - Pull w/ paddles (was on track for 5:40ish, but inhaled a wave about the 425 and had to stop to get the water out)
- #4 - Swim Free (went 5:45)
- #5 - Swim Free w/ zoomers (went 5:35)
- #6 - Swim non Free (went EZ Back/Breast)
4 x 150 Kick w/ board (desc.) going LIFO (last in, first out)
My legs were beginning to feel the cramps getting ready...probably should've stopped at this point. Will remember this the next time...
Assigned 10 x 25 Dive from blocks, w/ swim EZ back.
Totaled about 5200 Yards
- Got up...take your mark...GO!
- Just as I exploded off the blocks, my left calf was at me. It knotted up so fiercely that I wanted to cry, and was able to hold back the cussing. Had this been a masters practice, something probably would've flown out my mouth.
- The pain was intense! I was able to kinda sorta get it to ease up, and gently swam down about 150 yards or so, but it's still tender now an hour later. I've taken plenty of advil afterward, and have been drinking plenty all day long and during the workout.
- Coach says it's most likely just from the increased workload I've placed on my body. I'm not one to back down from a workout either, and increasing from 3 days a week at an hour each time, to the every day 2 hour practices has got to me.
- Oh well...I'll be ready for the next one next week, but for now, I need to get ready for about 4 hours of OT in the morning, then heading up north an hour to Lake Chelan for the 1.5 mile OW swim. That Guy will be there as well. We'll probably have a pretty good swim together, but it won't be pretty at the end...'cause it'll be on!! It's a friendly race, but there's no friends in racin'!!