View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Sept. 14

Rate this Entry
by , September 14th, 2012 at 06:39 PM (923 Views)
Drylands:

rehab ex, 15 min
rear delt fly, 55 x 3 x 15
squats, 200 x 1 x 8, 220 x 2 x 8
super pullover machine, 80 x 1 x 10, 90 x 1 x 10, 100 x 1 x 10, 110 x 1 x 10, 120 x 1 x 10
extreme angle squats w/bar on steps, 25 x 3 x 10
extreme angle squat jumps w/bar, 1 x 10, 2 x 5 (these are taxing, better to do in sets of 5)
resisted track start jumps, 50 x 2 x 15
resisted standing long jumps, 25 x 1 x 10
altitude drops, 10

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Only had time for a mini speed workout!

550 various
10 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
4 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ
6 x (25 AFAP free w/fins + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
-- went 10 high-11 flatish
100 EZ

Total: 1700

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I experimented a bit at the gym today to see which upper body machines wouldn't hurt my elbows. The super pullover machine (which I've never used before) seemed like a winner. I limited the range of motion somewhat. I may start some tricep kickbacks with low weight too.

And 6 days in a row of swimming! I almost never do that. But I will be dry this weekend as the fam is journeying to Deep Creek MD for the Savageman Triathlon to do our relay. No! I am not doing the swim leg; Teen Fort is and it will be her first open water swim. Since, like me, she is not a distance freestyler, I expect her to dislike it. I am looking forward to spectating this time around. Probably safer anyway with cold air and cold water expected. I'm bummed that they've completely closed off the Westernport Wall though. We may have to track Mr. Fort down on Killer Miller after the swim instead. Mr. Fort and Runner Boy have researched the relays and fear they might not win again. There are apparently 3 serious triathletes doing the relay instead of the half iron distance. I have urged them to recruit a real swimmer, but they want to keep it all in the family.

Submit "Friday, Sept. 14" to Digg Submit "Friday, Sept. 14" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Sept. 14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Sept. 14" to Google

Comments

GO FORTS, prevail even without all your sprint speed.
    Pullovers, cool. For me, they stress the triceps long head in addition to the lats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    GO FORTS, prevail even without all your sprint speed.
    Thx! Our swimmer did just fine with her own sprint speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Pullovers, cool. For me, they stress the triceps long head in addition to the lats.
    Yep. As long as I don't go all the way back (which would likely stress the shoulders), it seems to work. Almost like a lat pulldown without using the arms as much.