View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Sept. 17

Rate this Entry
by , September 17th, 2012 at 06:31 PM (1047 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various
10 x 25 back shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
10 x 50 free w/fins @ :50
50 EZ
10 x 50 w/fins @ :50
odds = back
evens = back kick
50 EZ
8 x 25 belly shooters @ :40
50 EZ

Total: 2500

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spent the weekend in Deep Creek MD for the Savageman Tri. Unfortunately, I had a bad bout of insomnia and woke up dead today despite being dry all weekend. Sleep is just so important for training. I didn't even try to push it.

The Tri was kind of a mixed bag. Teen Fort was fantastic on the swim, and was the 5th relay swimmer out of the water. Certainly faster than I would have been! Mr. Fort handily conquered the Westernport Wall again. But he was directed the wrong way on the course, which cost him 3:00+. He also didn't dismount in time and was assessed a 4:00 penalty. Our poor runner was injured in a soccer game late Thursday night, so could only run very gingerly. Still, it was fun watching the athletes attack the very savage course. Teen Fort even says she would happily do the swim again! Julie's relay won the event, and she put in a fantastic swim leg.

I'm hoping to rebound with a sprinter's double tomorrow.

Submit "Monday, Sept. 17" to Digg Submit "Monday, Sept. 17" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Sept. 17" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Sept. 17" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

a sprinter's double tomorrow.
    Two 50s?

Congrats on getting out of that relay nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Two 50s?

Congrats on getting out of that relay nonsense.
    Sprinters double = weights + swim

Oh, you know relays are fun. Honestly, I've just trained with such an exclusive HIT sprint focus in the last two years, that I think a 1.2 OW swim would feel abominable. When you're 18 like Teen Fort and actually have some semblance of an aerobic base, that is a snap. She was only bothered by people being too close to her in the water and the fog (i.e., details of OW swimming).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    She was only bothered by people being too close to her in the water and the fog (i.e., details of OW swimming).
    Ali was fantastic! The fog combined with swimming straight into the sun was really tough. I actually just put my head down and followed the feet in front of me. I knew if I looked up to sight I wouldn't see anything anyways and I probably would have wasted a ton of time doing that. Fortunately the guy was swimming straight!

Hope you guys do it again next year. Sounds like we'll be back for more fun and hopefully our female cyclist will be able to be on the team next year so we can be an all girls team!

It was great to see all of you there, bummed that we didn't get more time to catch up though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Roddin
    Ali was fantastic! The fog combined with swimming straight into the sun was really tough. I actually just put my head down and followed the feet in front of me. I knew if I looked up to sight I wouldn't see anything anyways and I probably would have wasted a ton of time doing that. Fortunately the guy was swimming straight!

Hope you guys do it again next year. Sounds like we'll be back for more fun and hopefully our female cyclist will be able to be on the team next year so we can be an all girls team!

It was great to see all of you there, bummed that we didn't get more time to catch up though!
    Ali did mention the sun as a factor too. At least the current from Saturday afternoon seemed to be gone. But it was great to see both of you smiling on your way up to transition! And your biker and runner were super fast too. 1:32 for a female runner on that hilly course?! Crazy.

I suspect we'll do it again next year. But Ali will be at college. I don't want to get drafted again!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    And your biker and runner were super fast too. 1:32 for a female runner on that hilly course?! Crazy.

I suspect we'll do it again next year. But Ali will be at college. I don't want to get drafted again!
    They were crazy fast. I had no idea. I figured we would do well but had no idea exactly how "elite" they were! Line, the runner, lives there in McHenry so I'm sure she had run the course many times before!

Hope you do it again. You'll do fine.