Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Wed., Sept. 26, 2012 7:00-9:00pm

Rate this Entry
Warmup:

500 Choice (did Free) DPS
300 Breast Kick w/ board

10 x 50 Free Pull @ 1:00 focus on breathing position, hand entry

At this point the coach asks:
Do you want to do the kick set now or later?
For real? I voiced my opinion for right now to aid my body in the potential cramping that could happen later.

10 x 100 Kick w/ fins @ 2:00
(50 "Core Kick", 25 Flutter Kick Right Side/25 Left Side) - went 1:25s, still last in the lane
--ended up being an "easy" kick set...wondering now what's coming next...

Main Set: (8 Rounds)
  • 200 IM @ 3:30 "cruise it", but work the walls (I desc. them from 2:38-2:30 with minimal effort)
  • 2 x 50 SPRINT @ 1:15
In Rounds 1/2, the 50s were Fly (went :30/:31s)
3/4 were Back (went :35s)
5/6 were Breast (went :37/:38s)
7/8 were Free (went :28s, final 50 was :26.5)
Coach John said these were great to end a 2400 yard set with that kind of speed. He said I looked like I was movin'. I guess I'm in shape now.

200 Free EZ

400 Kick w/ board build EZ to fast

200 Free EZ

-------------------------
5500 Yards

Side question from the coach after practice:
Wonder how Jared (15 year old kid) feels about having a 35 year old guy leading the workouts?
I'm not going to ask, but I know I'm working my butt off. Funny thing is that he and the other guys were carrying on a continual conversation between every rep along the way through the main set. I was trying to regain my breathing to be ready for the next go.

Submit "Wed., Sept. 26, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to Digg Submit "Wed., Sept. 26, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Sept. 26, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Sept. 26, 2012 7:00-9:00pm" to Google

Comments

Funny thing is that he and the other guys were carrying on a continual conversation between every rep along the way through the main set. I was trying to regain my breathing to be ready for the next go.
    Same thing happens to me constantly!
    James,

With the workouts you're doing, you need to adjust that 1000 goal of yours. If you can get sub 5:00 on the 500, you need to be striving for sub 10:15 on that 1000! I suspect your times are going to be VERY fast this year ... especially in that sweet Indianapolis pool.
    Wonder how Jared (15 year old kid) feels about having a 35 year old guy leading the workouts?
    He probably thinks it is great that you don't make him lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Same thing happens to me constantly!
    I was learning all about some new game for the PC or XBox last night from their conversation. It actually sounded pretty interesting with the different types of guns and upgrades available for them over the different levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    James,

With the workouts you're doing, you need to adjust that 1000 goal of yours. If you can get sub 5:00 on the 500, you need to be striving for sub 10:15 on that 1000! I suspect your times are going to be VERY fast this year ... especially in that sweet Indianapolis pool.
    1000 - check. Now it's a goal instead of a little babystep.

I'm sure I'll be fast this year, and I don't necessarily have to wait for Indy to do it. I've always been a go getter at most meets in season or end of season.

This year, my setback point is going to be the month of March. I may not be swimming too much with family plans and vacationing to El Salvador. But it's a good thing Indy is the 2nd week of May.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    If he was leading, I'd be on his toes and . When I'm leading, I try not to let him be in the draft zone, so he's still working to catch me.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain;
    Yeah, age groupers don't like to lead.

300 breast kick. Definitely. That would take me forever if I had to use a board.

That was an easy kick set. The next set, however, was hard!

So you're going to Indy for sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yeah, age groupers don't like to lead.

300 breast kick. Definitely. That would take me forever if I had to use a board.

That was an easy kick set. The next set, however, was hard!

So you're going to Indy for sure?
    The kick set was easy, and that got me really wondering..."what's next?"

Indy is a go this year! I actually already got plane tickets/hotel set up if it means anything. I think I'm early enough.