View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

More IM and Key Lime Pie Update

Rate this Entry
by , September 28th, 2012 at 01:44 PM (789 Views)
Well, I have been super busy but the only things that are probably of any interest are my workouts and Quest for Key Lime Pie

First things first:

Highlight sets from workouts this week:
Yesterday, SCM
12 x 50 on 1:20
odd IM fast
even easy free
1:04, 2, 59, 2, 2, 59
HOORAY! I got under a minute!
I must say, I am completely enamoured with 75's IM. You really punch them harder than the no-man's land of a full 100IM. Plus, I really work the breast!

Tues, SCM
500 continuous
100 easy/100IM sprint/100 easy/100 IMsprint/100 easy
This was super hard. I think my IM;s were about 1:20 to 1:22.

And now, what you have all been waiting for - my key lime pie update. I finally bought it! I have been eating a piece per day and it's 1/2 gone. The best are the merangue and the graham cracker crust. The key lime is just sort of the creamy sour punch middle that keep the merangue and crust from bumping into each other. I will happily eat the rest, but I can already tell I will be over it when I am done. Then onto something else. Maybe coconut cream pie or something.

When's my next meet? Oct 14 - local A meet and I have entered the 50 free and 100 fly. After that will be a meet in mid Nov but there are several choices for USA and USMS and travel/no travel. Right now I don't feel like committing my entire day to a meet, so I am leaning towards doing a local A meet and getting in/out in 3 hours roundtrip.

Submit "More IM and Key Lime Pie Update" to Digg Submit "More IM and Key Lime Pie Update" to del.icio.us Submit "More IM and Key Lime Pie Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "More IM and Key Lime Pie Update" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I totally respect your quest for Key Lime Pie! We have a grocery store in Florida (Publix) that does an awesome Key Lime pie - sometimes I day dream about it! But you're right - even though I swear I could eat the whole thing myself, it's so rich that 2-3 pieces will do me. Have you ever tried Peach/Mango Pie? It's pretty darn good too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    I totally respect your quest for Key Lime Pie! We have a grocery store in Florida (Publix) that does an awesome Key Lime pie - sometimes I day dream about it! But you're right - even though I swear I could eat the whole thing myself, it's so rich that 2-3 pieces will do me. Have you ever tried Peach/Mango Pie? It's pretty darn good too!
    I love Publix key lime pie! And their mango key lime pie too. I feel very deprived only getting to enjoy them 2 months out of the year, but that's probably ultimately a good thing.
    What! Mango injected pies! That sounds delicious! Alas, today's report is that the key lime pie is a thing of the past. Someone ate a piece and I still feel one piece short of completely over my KLP craving. But I don't think I have it in me to buy another whole pie.