- o back, e free
30 sr
2 x 100 on 1:15 fr with paddles, right into
4 x 75 on 1:10 swim fast
- held :56 for bk, :51 for fr

200 w/d with snorkel
(Solo/Rec/3050 yds/50 min)
---------------------

Great swim tonight after feeling crummy all day. Of course, today is the first of twelve days of vacation with rain and cool temps so I lacked motivation.

I tried to vary the workout a bit. I was able to again hit all the turns with the snorkel, although they are not as natural with the dorkel. Maintained a stroke count of 12-3 per length and good form throughout. Went after a faster rotation on the 75s and worked that last round.

Tomorrow is the open house for our local Masters club, which I am going to start coaching. We'll start in October for a twelve week training cycle looking to improve techinique and also speed (as the two concepts are connected).

Submit "Workout 09/28/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 09/28/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 09/28/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 09/28/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Great first official team workout today. Especially that cranberry walnut bread and cider! You seem like a natural at coaching. I don't think I've ever had a coach actually explain what we were doing (or maybe I wasn't paying much attention back then in the '80s), but I enjoyed it. But oh - that kicking - my thighs will be complaining tomorrow.