View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 09/29/12:

Rate this Entry
Coached the morning Masters group today during our open house. GregJS and five others made it out and I think everyone left a tad tired, so I did my job well. Meg noted that she has had some interest, but folks plan on starting back when the fall session starts in two weeks.

This evening I jumped in and did:

w/u: 200 FR/200 BK/200 IM drill

2 x Noah's Ark on 7:00 with snorkel
- 1st: FR pull with buoy (6:32)
- 2nd: FR swim (did extra 50: 6:51)
1 x 50 EZ

4 x 125 IM's on 2:00
- fly-bk-br-fr-fr, bk-br-fr-fly-fly, ...
4 x 50 kick on 1:00
4 x 75 IM rotations on 1:30

200 w/ snorkel loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2850 yds/50 min)
---------------------------

My arms were tired after the Ark's, probably from the swimming as well as moving some furniture in the basement in my attempt to organize. I ended up doing half of the flys in the IM's as single-arm since I figured drill is better then poor technique.

Planning on some basketball tomorrow night, after I look at some basketball shoes. My cross-trainers are low-tops, and my knees have been bothering me since last weekend.

Here is my final yield for jelly this season, assuming the rest of the vines are picked clean by friends. You'll notice Nila modeling for your viewing enjoyment ...

Submit "Workout 09/29/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 09/29/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 09/29/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 09/29/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments