View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat & Sun, Sept. 29-30

Rate this Entry
by , September 30th, 2012 at 07:18 PM (1025 Views)
Sat Drylands:

rehab exercises, 15 min
super pullover, 110 x 1 x 15, 120 x 2 x 15
good mornings, 65 x 1 x 8, 75 x 1x 8, 80 x 1 x 8
explosive leg press, 190 x 3 x 15
leg abductor, 120 x 3 x 8
rear delt fly, 75 x 2 x 8, 80 x 2 x 8
power wheel roll outs, 3 x 15
knee tuck jumps, 10
standing broad jumps, 10
altitude drops, 10

Sun Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various
8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
15 x 50 fly & back drills @ :20
50 EZ
10 x 50 smooth free w/paddles @ :50
100 EZ

Total: 2250

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ack! My house is a cesspool of viruses. Lil Fort was sick all weekend with a stomach bug, having inherited it from Teen Fort. I just dropped Mr. Fort off for a flight to Phoenix and he is not feeling well. And, now, I am feeling poorly. I just hope I get the mild version! For this reason, I popped into the gym on Sat., my usual day off. Just did a recovery workout today.

Here are some interesting links to research on training specificity that Jimby posted on FB:

http://coachsci.sdsu.edu/csa/vol12/table.htm

Yay! Homeland and Dexter are back and I can recline in style.

Submit "Sat & Sun, Sept. 29-30" to Digg Submit "Sat & Sun, Sept. 29-30" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat & Sun, Sept. 29-30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat & Sun, Sept. 29-30" to Google

Comments

Don't forget Jimby's elegant professional-writer clown****ery on the subject:

wt training does little, if any good, particularly when "simple" strength training exercises are meant to transfer to complex skill sports.
    Good Sunday workout. Sometimes you don't need much and doing a full plate is actually overdoing it. That is why, after cleaning the house on Saturday, I put that down in my drylands column. check!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Don't forget Jimby's elegant professional-writer clown****ery on the subject:
    I was going to post your reference, but you deleted it!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Good Sunday workout. Sometimes you don't need much and doing a full plate is actually overdoing it. That is why, after cleaning the house on Saturday, I put that down in my drylands column. check!
    Yep. If I overdo, I can quickly feel somewhat overtrained. With HIT, you have to do easy workouts too to sustain the actual race pace intensity.
    so not fun, get better
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    so not fun, get better
    We're all mostly better now! An icky few days though.