View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

A day of 50 frees

Rate this Entry
by , October 1st, 2012 at 12:32 PM (550 Views)
I've been IMming so much lately that I had to take a day and specifically do fast 50 frees from a dive.

Sat - I cleaned the house! That was so tiring. In fact, I marked it down in my drylands column. I thought doing drylands after that would be counterproductive. And who's to say that rubbing your arms up and down in a cleaning pattern while swaying your butt side to side isn't as good as traditional core/curl/lifting?

Sun - SCM, Baylor Fitness Center on my own.

500 warm up

4 x 50 kick
4 x 50 pull
100 easy

4 x 25 % increases
4 x 25 variables

FAST 50 FROM A DIVE: 30
200 easy

FAST 50 FROM A DIVE: 29
200 easy

FAST 50 FROM A DIVE: 29
200 easy
50 easy

Ok! That was quite good! I was very pleased that I was solidy under 30, but then, one is never satisfied and wondering now what it will take to get to 28's in workout. It is also very irksome that I have to start myself. So I have been waiting to the 7 and on the 7 count 1, 2, 3, Go (so going on 4, not on 3), which if counted just right, i'm leaving on the 00 mark. It is quite distracting, up there with walking and chewing gum. Well, that's actually not very hard, so more like rubbing your tummy and patting your head.

If I were to race today, i'd be really disappointed if I wasn't faster than 27.5 SCM in a race. That's better than my recent times, but I do think i've been more focused on actually sprinting into elusive speed territory that I should set my goals this high.

+++++++++++++++++++++
Not sure about meets. I think I will wait until after the first USA meet (50 free/100 fly) to decide what I want to do as far as SCM meets. There is one in the Woodlands (about 3+ hours drive) at a good pool, great order of events, but it's a very small meet so limits what is realistic to swim and get times close to my max potential.

++++++++++++++++++++
In other news, not sure how I really feel about it except wow, i'd better start really committing myself if this is my goal....the USA grand prix cuts have come out. They are making a statement and no longer is it easy to make the cuts!! As of now, i'm limited to only local A meets and maybe Sectionals depending on the cuts, which I think won't change too much.

http://www.usaswimming.org/_Rainbow/...ds_9-25-12.pdf

Submit "A day of 50 frees" to Digg Submit "A day of 50 frees" to del.icio.us Submit "A day of 50 frees" to StumbleUpon Submit "A day of 50 frees" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wish I could go under 30.
    hey tall paul just commented on the mac fb page that he wants to add a "slower cut" usa meet? time trials? in the middle of their april gp meet. and maybe tag on a masters meet at the end. so you should still come out!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Wish I could go under 30.
    Chip away to get there! A lot of little improvements add up! And you never know where the big stairsteps might come!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowsh
    hey tall paul just commented on the mac fb page that he wants to add a "slower cut" usa meet? time trials? in the middle of their april gp meet. and maybe tag on a masters meet at the end. so you should still come out!
    That would be awesome! But I should still try for the cuts; nothing to lose! And getting close would be huge - if I can go under 24 this year!!