View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 10/01/12:

Rate this Entry
Played basketball last night with my son as planned. Not a large turnout with nine guys, so we played 4 x 4 with my team having a sub every five points. We played three games to 21 over 90 minutes, and then I had to leave to get home. Still need to get basketball shoes ...

Got in today at lunch for the following swim:

w/u: 200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill

3 x 500's done as a 400 Fr with snorkel + 100 back active recovery, all on 7 minutes
- Rd 1: 1 x 400 (5:10)
- Rd 2: 2 x 200, :10 SR (2:31, :30)
- Rd 3: 4 x 100, :10 SR (1:10, :14, :13, :12)
(started to get crowded here) ...

4 x 100 Kick Quarter's Strong on 2:00
2 x 200 DPS Pull with buoy (one free, one back)
(keep avoiding traffic, keep avoiding traffic)
1 x 200 with snorkel loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/3100 yds/60 min)
--------------------------

Not as sore from basketball. Used my running sneaks instead of my cross-trainers, which seemed to help. I'm still in organization mode at the house, and fired up my old pc with Windows 98 to aid in logging numbers so I can shred the papers I don't need to keep. Why do I mention this? Not sure ... Thought That Guy might get a kick out of it Anyways, I was sucked into watching The Promise on Hulu - really interesting series. Missed the last half of the fourth and final episode to go to bball, so I need to finish watching that. This is why I try not to watch the boob-tube: too distracting.

Slept in again today. The swim was good. I had intended to get into the water 30 minutes early but went for a walk with my wife so just swam for an hour. I forget where I saw that main set - could've been an old pwb workout or maybe from the marathon swimmers forum. I forget. Goal is to descend add-up time 6-8 seconds as you go through, which I accomplished (5:10, 5:01, 4:49), and kept the snorkel in check for the most part.

I was going to go into a nice 200 stroke set I found from my blog in October of last year, but there were too many people in the lane. I just went to near-IG mode with some kicking and technique work. Did some nice conversing with lane-mates as well

Off to the shredder!

Submit "Workout 10/01/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 10/01/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 10/01/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 10/01/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

fired up my old pc with Windows 98 to aid in logging numbers so I can shred the papers I don't need to keep. Why do I mention this? Not sure ... Thought That Guy might get a kick out of it
    Yes, I was in full WTF mode before I even got to the part where you mentioned me.