View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

It's been a while...

Rate this Entry
by , October 2nd, 2012 at 03:21 PM (505 Views)
Wow, it's been a while since I've had a moment's breath to blog; I have been swimming fairly regularly, but cutting way back on the yardage after pushing myself to the brink of overtraining at the beginning of August. After several straight months of 50-60 miles swimming, I dropped back to 25-30 in August and September. Disappointed I didn't get to do a 10K postal this year, but that's OK. There's always next year.

Scotty and I are planning to go to the WI State SCM meet in December; so now I'm easing back into the harder training. Here's what I did today:

1100 on 20:00 (19:30)
1100 on 19:00 (18:30)*
1100 on 20:00 (20:00)
200 cool-down
[3500 in 63 minutes]

*4 x 200 (3:01; 3:07; 3:09; 3:14), 50 active rest after ea 200; then 100 breast.

I'll try to work in some 100s and some 50s this week too. Also, I promised Scotty I'd start flip-turns in October... guess I'll practice that tomorrow.

Submit "It's been a while..." to Digg Submit "It's been a while..." to del.icio.us Submit "It's been a while..." to StumbleUpon Submit "It's been a while..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's good yardage over an hour swim, Alex.
    I've been building more speed-type sets into my workouts in preparation for pool events coming up. Still squeaking out some lake swims while there is time ...
    Thanks; I've been trapped in the Y since labor day cuz my local beach closed for the season... that lake has a no-swimming ordinance outside of the designated beach area.