30 x 25 burst dolphin kick w/fins + cruise @ :30
-- did an EZ 25 on rep #16

300 EZ

20 x 25 burst + cruise w/fins @ :30
-- 10 breast, 10 flutter kick w/board

200 EZ

10 x 25 pull w/parachute
3 x free/back/breast + 1 shooter
-- first time I'd ever done backstroke with a chute. Kinda liked it.

100 EZ

Total: 3250

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Decided to do some ultra sets in lieu of an LP workout. I may carry on with this substitution for a few months. No idea if it's a true substitute, but I hate lactate sets enough to give it a try. And the ultras definitely pack an aerobic punch; my heart rate was quite elevated most of the sets.

Yoga + RC tonight for awhile.

Still mulling over what to swim in the Sprint Classic in a few weeks. https://www.clubassistant.com/club/m...1463&smid=4129. I had wanted to do 100 back and 100 IM, but that's a no go with the order of events. I want to get a 100 evil in this year, but don't really want to swim it the same meet as Teen Fort. Though maybe if she whoops me (which she would) that will be a good thing.

Hand grip strength correlated with 100 free performance in women:
http://centerofoptimalrestoration.co...r-performance/

Submit "Ultra Day, Tues., Oct. 2" to Digg Submit "Ultra Day, Tues., Oct. 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Ultra Day, Tues., Oct. 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ultra Day, Tues., Oct. 2" to Google

Updated October 2nd, 2012 at 07:16 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I really don't know how you do that warm-up. 50 vk's in 20 sec?
    When I vk, I feel like I'm floundering and barely keep my head high enough to breathe.

Still mulling over what to swim in the Sprint Classic in a few weeks. https://www.clubassistant.com/club/m...1463&smid=4129. I had wanted to do 100 back and 100 IM, but that's a no go with the order of events. I want to get a 100 evil in this year, but don't really want to swim it the same meet as Teen Fort. Though maybe if she whoops me (which she would) that will be a good thing
    Maybe you can do the 100 breast at the Boston meet in Dec?
    I wonder if they'd do a special request and put you, Stud, and I in the same heat. I know you'd certainly give me a good race, I'd have trouble pulling myself out of the pool after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I really don't know how you do that warm-up. 50 vk's in 20 sec?
    When I vk, I feel like I'm floundering and barely keep my head high enough to breathe.

Maybe you can do the 100 breast at the Boston meet in Dec?
    I wonder if they'd do a special request and put you, Stud, and I in the same heat. I know you'd certainly give me a good race, I'd have trouble pulling myself out of the pool after that.
    Fast feet and strong core to get 50+ in :20. It is so hard though. I didn't feel like I had enough recovery and couldn't do many reps.

The Sprint Classic is SCY and Boston is SCM. I may do the 100 SCM breast at a local SCM meet in Nov. Not sure I want to allocate a fully tapered spot to it! Boston is not a mixed gender meet (another plus for me), so we couldn't all be in the same heat. But that would be pretty cool. I doubt I could hang with you guys though.
    not sure of verbiage vk?
    Quote Originally Posted by sglines
    not sure of verbiage vk?
    Hi Susan!

VK = vertical kick