Speed sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise, fast hands drill @ 1:00
100 EZ

8 x 25 burst dolphin kick + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP free from dive off the side + 75 EZ @ 4:00
-- was rolling on the 59
-- shocked myself by going 12 flats, even saw glimmers of 11s
-- I've only raced 100 yards of freestyle this year. Maybe this will encourage me to swim 50 free more now that the shoulder is better.

100 EZ

1 x AFAP 50 fly w/fins, 23 mid, cramped
275 EZ

10 x 40 w/bungee cord @ 2:00
1-5: back SDK from backstroke start: kick fast until cord is taut, then 10 fast kicks in place. This drew some interesting looks.
6-10: breast, swim until cord is taut and then 10 fast pulls

125 EZ

Total: 2950

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Love this workout! My quads were very sore from yesterday's mega explosive leg work, but they felt a little better as the workout progressed. I decided to do the opposite of what I did Tuesday (ultra short training) and did ultra short distances on mega rest. It took me almost 100 minutes to do that workout, I was taking so much rest. I love the bungee cord work; I really need to do more of it. Just fantastic in water strength training. I feel like my training is going better than last fall, so far.

I forgot to blog that yesterday I tried "ravers" for the first time. I got the idea from this link when researching explosive exercises: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/brughelli1.htm. I also did the plate jump and the box squat jump described in the article yesterday. Feeling a bit shin splinty from all the jumping.

Meeting up with Mos Eisley tomorrow for the first time in awhile so I will get to witness his blazing speed in person. Hopefully, I won't feel too crippled after the last couple days. Thankfully, I have an ART appt tomorrow.

I was asked, as a HIT person, to comment on whether CrossFit could make people swim faster today. What do you think I said?

Submit "Reverse Ultra, Thursday, Oct. 4" to Digg Submit "Reverse Ultra, Thursday, Oct. 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Reverse Ultra, Thursday, Oct. 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Reverse Ultra, Thursday, Oct. 4" to Google

Updated October 5th, 2012 at 12:17 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Maybe this will encourage me to pop one out now that the shoulder is better.
    <REDACTED>
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    <REDACTED>
    lol! Such a male dominated forum ...

Edited
    Always have to be on your toes and careful with your fingers with That Guy patrolling the blogs/forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    lol! Such a male dominated forum ...

Edited
    This makes me think of the looks I got from some women when I stopped in a Circle K yesterday to refill my bottles while biking. One asked how far I was riding. I felt like saying, "my eyes are up here."
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Always have to be on your toes and careful with your fingers with That Guy patrolling the blogs/forums.
    Watch out Fortress, it's a trap!
    Updated October 5th, 2012 at 03:22 PM by That Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Watch out Fortress, it's a trap!
    That was a really loaded comment!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    This makes me think of the looks I got from some women when I stopped in a Circle K yesterday to refill my bottles while biking. One asked how far I was riding. I felt like saying, "my eyes are up here."
    What's a Circle K?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    What's a Circle K?
    It's like a 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I felt like saying, "my eyes are up here."
    Biking makes you very excited, I guess.